Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any updated central-ish Kentucky BBQ recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any updated central-ish Kentucky BBQ recommendations?

I'll be in Richmond KY at the end of October. About a half hr SE of Lexington. Wife and I plan to drive to to Frankfort to hit Buffalo Trace again. Are there any updates to recommendations in this general area, Richmond-Lexington-Frankfort? (Doubtful we'd venture as far as Louisville).

No recommendations here, but high on my list in that area would be to get some of that black bbq sauce they have.

Comment

It's been a year or so since I was in Richmond, but Straight From Texas Bar-B-Que is really good, and I am almost always disappointed by BBQ restaurants. The brisket was a bit more fall-apart on my last visit than I would prefer, but the owner says he does it that way because it's what sells, and I can understand that. It tastes exactly like what I make at home on a good day. This would easily be my first choice.

If you find yourself just a few miles down I-75 in Berea, I remember Hitz BBQ being pretty decent. Berea is an artsy fartsy kind of place, so there is other stuff to see and do there as well. If ya'll are into that stuff, I would recommend this as a side trip.

Red State BBQ in Lexington is said to be good, but I haven't tried that one yet. It's probably worth checking out. Would love to hear the take of someone whose opinion I trust.
    Last edited by Steve R.; September 29, 2021, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Great info, I thought of tagging you but I figured you'd be by soon enough. Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here