Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trattoria da Carlo, Resera, Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trattoria da Carlo, Resera, Italy

Been off-line for a couple of weeks while we were touring northeastern Italy. Spectacular experience visiting producers of Parmagiano-Reggiano cheese, Prosciutto di Parma, and traditional Balsamico. Wasn't expecting any BBQ or grilling experience, per se, but we were pleasantly surprised by a lunch we had at Trattoria da Carlo in the very small town/village of Resera in the Treviso province. They have a wood burning grill in the middle of the restaurant that they use to cook all variety of meats. We had platters of spectacularly good chicken breasts and pork and beef rib-eyes grilled over the live coals. Shots below show the restaurant, and a couple of views of the grill in action, cooking our lunch. I was unable to get a shot of one of the cooked meat platters before the hungry folks in our group dug in. Suffice it to say that the meats were fantastic. Of course they were just one of the several courses we had!

You would never stumble upon this restaurant given how far out of the way it is. But if you happen to be in the area, you won't be disappointed.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by theroc; June 22, 2019, 03:26 PM.

Awesome! I’m a big fan of Italy, have been there many times. Your trip looks great! The nice thing about Italy is all these thousands of communities, kind of, and every here and there you may stumble upon a gem like this. Thanks for sharing, I’ll try to remember this for the next trip!

Comment

That looks like a lot of fun.

Comment

Wow that looks spectacular Roc !! We have a place here called the Grotto where they do something similar. Love Italy too, been 20 years but love to go again, definitely on the repeat bucket list.

Comment

Looks like a great trip and excellent dining. Enjoy yourselves! Now I have to figure out how to hang lace around my fire pit to duplicate the ambiance.🙂

Comment

My fondest days while as an officer in the Navy, were those spent exploring the small Trattoria's. Then there was the time that the Yacht club in Bari invited us to there New Years eve celebration. That was a feast I will never forget. Bari is a beautiful little city down the east coast from Venice.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here