Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago tomorrow: Willie's Rib shack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicago tomorrow: Willie's Rib shack?

Last time in Chi-town went to Smoque and it was perfectly fine. Brisket almost as good as mine and ribs excellent... thought I'd try the rib shack ("best backs in Chicago") ---I have that shirt from the bbq shirt of the month club... any comments on the joint or suggestions?

You could crash Meathead 's house in the suburbs

Comment

Fat Willie's Rib Shack is okay. Not anything like my favorite.

Meathead has an exhaustive list of Chicago BBQ joints (not 100%, but very very solid).
      Chicago's barbecue heritage migrated from southern blacks of the Mississippi Delta, their unique Aquarium pit design. Rib tips and hot links are specialties.

Meathead's favorites are highlighted. I have no arguments, but do like BBQ Supply Company, though they have abandoned their Rogers Park (very north) location in favor of a Hyde Park (moderately south) location. I didn't realize same folks are behind the Budlong which I enjoy.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for reviving that article by MH, well worth reading again.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here