Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q, Chicago and suburbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reds Fan 5
    replied
    We live in Western Springs and go to Q in LaGrange. Ribs are outstanding, pulled pork is very good, brisket almost always dry. I don't think they slice it often and it sits a long time before serving. Mashed potatoes with brisket gravy are excellent. The Mac n cheese is some of worst I've ever had. Bottom line: order ribs and mashed potatoes.

Leave a comment:

• BigJim
    replied
    I discovered recently that there are several Q restaurants in Chicago, but they are NOT owned by the same company. I believe the one on Diversey and the one in LaGrange Park are owned by the same guy. They are counter service. The Q on State St is a much fancier sit down restaurant. I recommend both restaurants

Leave a comment:

• apishungry
    replied
    As of fall 2015, Lee Ann Whippen is no longer pitmaster of Chicago Q; Art Smith is in that role.

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Sounds good, i've been waiting to get back up to Chicago, but I have a no Chicago before April policy.

Leave a comment:

• BigJim
    started a topic Q, Chicago and suburbs

Q, Chicago and suburbs

Excellent sit down restaurant serving traditional pit BBQ. I've been to the location on state near Division 3 times. Two times the food was excellent and amazing. Once, the brisket was over-cooked. I normally would not complain, but having been there twice before I knew what the typically quality was. When the waiter heard my complaint they immediately replaced the brisket with a new plate. The manager even came over and apologized. Unfortunately, that batch was tough (under-cooked). That time, I didn't say anything. All the food tasted great however. The service was excellent. All the Bbq was good, better than a non-BBQ joint. Also, very tasty are the pickles supplied as a free tasting when you sit down. You will probably ask for extra servings.

Atmosphere at the state at location is upscale. White tableclothes and fine appointments. Definitely recommend.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here