Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We’re going to be in the Chicagoland area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    RPM remains a fairly hard reservation, which is kind of nuts, because the two have been opened for a while. We had a great dinner at RPM Steak.

• Huskee
    replied
    For what it's worth two of my brothers-in-law, who are both big time foodies, swear by Mastro's Steakhouse and RPM Italian in Chicago. I believe they're on the magnificent mile or close to it anyway. They're both rather upscale from what I understand.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Well I'll take all the Gino's you want to give me. BUT Pequod and Malnati's are high on my list for sure.

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I'll be honest, those iconic hot dog stands that seem to be everywhere are my favorite. Gotta be Vienna all-beef. Gotta have a mound of hot fries. Gotta have it rolled in newspaper. Best ever cure for a hangover !!!

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    They have really improved Wrigley in the last couple of years. I mean it was really a dump, but it reeks with so much tradition, like Fenway, and is worth the experience. Glad you had a chance to go !!!

• Mosca
    replied
    It looks like Tuesday we'll try to have lunch at a Portillo's, and dinner at the Smoque on North Pulaski. Thanks for the input!

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    We'll be staying in New Buffalo Sunday and Monday nights....

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    Been to several games at Wrigley. Sat behind a pole for one. Nice to say I've been there, but give me PNC Park in Pittsburgh over anywhere else.

• steve_woolston
    replied
    When I was working in the area, I used to frequent Hog Wild in Midlothian (a burb on the south side, just off I294). Top notch boneless pork chop and ribs. I wasn't into beef at the time, but they have it. Cash only. Busy, but really fast service. Order at counter, they bring to your table. Highly recommend it!

Leave a comment:

• BloomHybrid
    replied
    Last July, I was in Chicago and had the best Italian beef sandwich at the Cubs game from Buona.

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    I'm tellin' ya, try Dick's Last Resort--maybe for lunch. Decent food, crazy vibe/schtick (adult!), usually a good live blues band and it's right on the waterfront. Haven't been in 20 + years, so I hope it hasn't changed, cuz it was a hoot. Maybe some Chicagoans can chip in here.

I've been to a Dick's in San Antone and, a long time ago, the one in San Diego. Neither came close to the Chi Town experience.
    Last edited by Willy; March 21, 2018, 03:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    replied
    I swear I ate piza at a place called Mothers in the 80's but google appears to think it's a night club.....so, pass! (who knows, maybe it's a bad CRS day....)

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Smoque is Mh's favorite Chicagoland BBQ joint, if I recall correctly. Wife & I were going to meet him there last year but my plans changed. Too bad you're not making it a few hrs NE, you'd get your choice of meat & beverage up my way. Safe travels...

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied
    Sounds like a fun trip Mosca . Be sure to report back to us with your own results.

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    replied
    We've been to Lou Malnati's, and we've had the thin crust pizza cut into squares but I don't recall where. Enjoyed both. I ate at Uno back in the '80s and liked it very much. Even though things try to stay the same, they change, though. (And don't eat at chain Unos, they are awful.)

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here