Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Grill Restaurant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Grill Restaurant

Has anyone eaten at the Weber Grill Restaurant in the Chicagoland area? I'm headed up there for a couple days and was wondering if it was worth stopping by for dinner.

Heck, yeah, it's worth stopping in. It's been 10+ years since I lived down the street (Lake Point Tower by Navy Pier), but I doubt much has changed with the Weber Grill. If you go in at regular eating hours, you're going to wait...unless you can snag a single at the bar so you can watch them grill! I remember the food being good, the service being average and the monster kettles they cook on being super awesome! You'll enjoy it!

Comment

Well worth it! My boss recommended it to me when I was there on business. Since he recommended it I felt assured he would sign off on my expense report. I got the rib eye steak. It's the only time I have handed a tip straight to the cook. It was awesome!

-Alden

Comment

Its a unique stop for sure. Oz is right you will enjoy it. There is SO much good food in Chicago. Its one of the top food towns if not #1 in the country in IMHO.

Comment

Awesome, I'll make it my first stop after we land tonight! Looks like there's one right near my hotel in Schaumburg. I grew up in the 'burbs as a kid but I don't remember the restaurants at all.

Comment

Their website: http://www.webergrillrestaurant.com/index.html

Comment

Holy bat droppings, there are 4 of them now? The downtown location was all there was back when I lived there. See if you can snap a pic or two of the Scumburg (sorry, Schaumburg; I worked for Motorola corporate out there) location? Just wondering what the differences are.

I just checked out the website. I recognized the stairs in the Indy location photo! Right by the Embassy Suites downtown. I've been in there, but can't remember what the name or what kind of restaurant it was (that memorable, hunh? ).
              Last edited by Ozric; November 18, 2014, 11:13 AM.

Comment

WHEW...I Really Really want to try this place sometime... it sounds awesome.

Comment

Mmmm, I think I'll try their BBQ Combo: Baby back ribs and brisket! I'll be sure to take some pictures.

Comment

I tried it several years ago and it was so-so. Then again, we went at an ungodly hour and the place was packed - I think we had a good 1 hour wait to get in and the food was good, but a bit pricey.

I would have rather had a nice steak at one of Chicago's many fine chophouses, but that's me.

Comment

I'd be stopping by Meathead's house...

Comment

Just landed! Please provide meathead's address and I'll crash his party!

Comment

The brisket was super tender and the ribs definitely had that home grilled taste. I prefer a little more chew to my beef but it was still yummy. Had the slaw and sweet potatoes as my sides. My coworker had the chicken and meatloaf with beans and fries. Didn't try any of his but it looked good. Fun place! I'd like to add one of those ranch kettles to my Weber collection.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0468.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	32811

Name:	image_3573.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	32804

Name:	image_3576.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	32807

Name:	IMG_0477.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	32812

Name:	image_3577.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	32808
                          Last edited by eugenek; November 19, 2014, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Cool. Now, you just HAVE to try Carson's Ribs, if you have time. There's a location downtown, and one north of you a bit in Deerfield. Stop at an ATM first. Ha.

Here's a quote from their website (ribs.com - what does THAT tell you )...

Include award-winning cole slaw and choice of famous au gratins, ultimate double baked, roasted Greek, French fries, or a salt & pepper crusted baked potato. A fresh, green vegetable is available in place of potatoes.
                            Our legendary ribs, chicken and chops are smoked for hours in a genuine hickory wood-burning pit. No boiling, no marinade, no rubs or tenderizers, no liquid smoke, NOT "fall-off-the-bone".
                            Real authentic slow cooked barbecue.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here