Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking Po Boy's in Winder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking Po Boy's in Winder

This small BBQ joint is across the street from the old Courthouse in downtown Winder, GA. The Ribs are so good, perfect smoke and perfectly cooked. This is one of the few BBQ restaurants where I will order chicken, because their smoked chicken is so good! One surprise is the Butter Wings, dry rub wings in a butter sauce - they are tender and have outstanding flavor.

Thanks for the input MG and Welcome to the "Pit"!!

Comment

Right down the road from my old house...

Will be down there in a few months and have to try the out.

And welcome, unless you're my ex, then....

Comment

Not your ex.....so I will take the welcome :-)

Comment

I had to go up north for work instead, but before I knew that I told my friend down there I wanted to go try it out. He sent a pic of him eating it to rub it in, says it really is a good place.

Comment

Thanks for this, I'll be riding through Winder in a few weeks, this sounds like a great place to get lunch.

Comment

I'm sitting at Smikin' Po Boys enjoying a pulled pork plate. The meat is excellent, very good flavor throughout and the perfect amount of bark in the serving. The fried okra is also very good. I don't normally use sauce when the meat tastes this good, but I'm enjoying the spicy, sneaky, and sassy sauces on some of my bites.

Well worth stopping in if you are in the area.

Comment

• _John_
                _John_ commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks great, love some good okra.

• Bryan Moorhead
                Bryan Moorhead commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks good!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here