Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for travel tips between Atlanta and Augusta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for travel tips between Atlanta and Augusta

Traveling to Augusta, as I was lucky to receive some fix for the Tue practice round of the Masters. 4 of us will be road tripping to Georgia (from PA) and are looking for the right town to stay in for 4 nights within about 90 mins of Augusta, we are flying in to Atlanta but want to stay in a small town that can keep us entertained for at least 2 nights of bbq and drinks. Any guidance from Georgia residents or others would be appreciated especially for the food and any distilleries worth visiting. Thanks

In my various travels doing construction, I lived in Augusta for about a year back in the day. I don’t remember any good q places, but the French Market Grill in Augusta stayed with me. This was over 30 years ago, so I am not sure if it is still good, but back then it was pretty great.

i actually got to go to the Masters in 86 when Nicklaus won.

Comment

Well not much in that area of Augusta and assume you booked your flights. If not you might want to look at Savanah. A great area.. Can't speak specifically for BBQ, but great southern cooking and hospitality. If you are locked into the ATL., plenty to do. Stay west of the city. Since Augusta is your destination. Honestly I'm not familiar with that area west. But I spent a lot of time in the ATL downtown north and northwest . Never was lacking.
      Enjoy sounds like a a good time coming

Comment

• Bendy
        Bendy commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks for the guidance, looking to modify plans based on the tips.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here