Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Shanty Smokehouse - Kennesaw, GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• josht138
    commented on 's reply
    I've been back since I posted originally in this thread and I agree with you on most if not all of your points above. It was pretty disappointing. I also think the brisket I had back in August was not very good I just had no point of reference for it.

• RG31F
    replied
    Was just there today 3/29/2016 at around 12:30PM. had the three meat combo. ribs, pulled pork,

Brisket - Seasoning was Ok for me. I like a little bit more pepper in my brisket personally, so it was lacking in the flavor department. the meat itself was dry.

Pulled Pork - Seasoning was on the mild side again. here I like more of the sugar and barking action that comes from that. there wasn't much there. I don't even think I had bark on the portion they gave me. The tenderness was there but a little dry for me.

Ribs - for me when you say you have killer ribs then I expect killer ribs. the ribs still had the membrane on it on the bottom and was pulling away from the meat so after I pulled the rest of it off there goes that awesome bark with it. as for the meat it was again dry but also over cooked. when you take a bite the entire piece of meat comes off with pieces of the bone. so for me that was a little over done I like a bite through.

Sauce
    - the sauce was good. it had a nice kick to it as well which I like

it may have been that the meat was just sitting there to long. most likely that's what it was. I would love to give this place another shot but I was just traveling for business and stopped by for lunch.

On a scale of 1 - 10 I give it a solid 5

Leave a comment:

• josht138
    replied
    Was here this past Friday. Had their sliced brisket and pulled pork plate. Very good!

Leave a comment:

• leiflin
    replied
    Hello guys! Have been there many times. I go and get my fill every time I am in the area for work. I generally have the meat platter with their Sausage, Sliced pork and the ribs. Great smoke flavor and their basic sauce is very tasty. I have been to the popular Williamson's BBQ several times and I personally think Big Shanty is much better and the mom and pops feel makes it that much better.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Have you been there leiflin? What did you try? What did you think of the flavor, tenderness, seasoning? How are their sauces? Let's try to get some more info here for other members searching for reviews. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied
    Need to find it, right down the road from me!

Thanks!

--Ed

Leave a comment:

• leiflin
    started a topic Big Shanty Smokehouse - Kennesaw, GA

Big Shanty Smokehouse - Kennesaw, GA

Excellent BBQ

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here