Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlanta - Fox Bros Bar-B-Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlanta - Fox Bros Bar-B-Q

Today I visited Fox Bros Bar-B-Q near Little Five Points in Atlanta. It is well renowned, and I have to say that reputation is well deserved. It was almost full, and the place has a nice, cozy feel to it, with those classic southern cooking attributes you expect from a bbq restaurant. Family friendly, and the crowd was from all ages and walks of life. The staff were super friendly and helpful.

I had Stuffed jalapeno poppers, and they were very good. Nice flavor and moisture, with a superthin breaded crust on the outside. Really fresh.

The poppers. I have already eaten one...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3692.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	24869

Then I tried a combo plate consisting of equal parts brisket (sliced) and pulled pork. Both the brisket and the pork was top quality. Really moist and tender, with a very balanced flavor. Personally, I would like just a bit more smoke flavor in the meat, but that's just my preference. The Mac & Cheese was good. I tried the Cole slaw also, but in this case they had skipped the carrots and added some celery instead. I'm not a big fan of celery, but it was well put together anyway.

Name:	IMG_3693.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	24870

Overall, I can wholeheartedly recommend this place. They have both indoor and outdoor seating.

This is my favorite BBQ joint in Atlanta. I am not a big fan of their pulled pork, but their ribs and brisket are phenomenal and they are always cooked perfectly. These guys are serious too. A couple years ago a huge tree fell onto the restaurant and collapsed most of the roof. They remained open and cooked and served around it. I use their rub and sauce on my ribs, cooked Meathead style of course, and I get rave reviews every time I cook them. You can buy their sauce and rub online - I would actually love to get Meathead's review of both!

Comment

Their wings are also amazing. As for the real meat, I don't use sauce when I eat here, the meat is perfect for me as is.

Comment

I went here for the first time this past October. The bracket was spot on.

Comment

I went today for the first time. I live in Woodstock so it's quite a haul for me to get down there but seeing as it was my birthday I finally got my wife to agree to it since we eat so much BBQ at home. We took our 2 small children with us as well and arrived around 1230 and had about a 30 minute wait on a Friday.

We got a sampler plate with brisket, ribs, and pulled pork. I also ordered a beef short rib, which they only have until supply runs out during the day. The brisket was cut from the point and was very tender. Our slice didn't have much bark on it, but it was good. The ribs were cooked perfectly. I have used the Fox Bros BBQ rub, which you an buy at Kroger's around ATL, at home and it does not have any sugar in it, so I was surprised that their ribs had some sweetness to them. As mentioned above I was not a fan of the pulled pork. It was dry, didn't have great bark, or a lot of flavor. The beef short rib was killer though. It was salty and peppery and delicious. It was a monster short rib and the market price for it today was $35! Not something I'd get very often, but worth it as a BBQ treat.

Overall, I was really pleased. So far this is the only place in or around Atlanta that I know of that you can get good beef BBQ. Here are some pics...

Name:	20160415_130039.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	157325

Name:	20160415_130042.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	157326

Name:	20160415_130207.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	157327
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks great to me!

Comment

I was in Atlanta 2 weeks ago and tried Fox Bros for the first time. Everything I had was good. Wings and chopped brisket. Great local beer section too. Have been craving good bbq since. Went to a popular local chain in Des Moines that I've been to several times to get my fix. Just didn't compare.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here