Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Savannah Historic District

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savannah Historic District

Stopping in Savannah Historic District, looking for dinner & drink suggestions. Thanks to AR, found a few and looking for more or more recent reviews.

We have always enjoyed Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room, the Olde Pink House, as well as The Grey.

Comment

• RustyHaines
      RustyHaines commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on Mrs.Wilkes

Pirates House! It has been many years, I am not even sure it is still there. Great fun and Class A dining in t-shirts n blue jeans. Banquet or ala cart. Food was exquisite!

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe W.T. Sherman dined there many years ago. Right after he presented Savannah to President Lincoln as a Christmas gift.

• Alan Brice
      Alan Brice commented
      Editing a comment
      Come on! Your pulling my leg. The place had that kind of feel to it. Thanks, very special to our group. When the waiter brought the dessert cart, it had a bunch of flags on toothpicks inserted into more than half of the offerings. The flags were printed with calorie free on them. Nearly everyone ordered calorie free. When the bill came we asked how they could make such delectable treats, calorie free? He remarked, "Oh we never charge for calories!"

Vic's On the Water, Pirates House and Boars Head Grill and Tavern for us. The Cotton Exchange wasn't too bad either for something a little cheaper. We were there in January and enjoyed all of these again.

Comment

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      I forgot about Vic’s when I posted above. Good choice.

If you like Shrimp and Grits The River House has some of the best if not the best I have ever had...

River House Seafood | American & Seafood Restaurant in Savannah, GA

Comment

The Grey
      Husk
      The Lost Square

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions! Amazing Ribs community is the best.

Comment

Unknowingly walked past Husk, read the posted menu & were in. Great sea bass & trout. Great service.

Comment

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            Isn’t sea bass just the best!

Perfect timing for this thread. I will be heading down there to visit friends right after the spring meet up! I’m sure they have their favorites but maybe I can offer a new place as a suggestion. Thanks!

Comment

Moon River. Good beer and food. I think the boys from Ghost Adventures visited there too.. https://www.moonriverbrewing.com/

Comment

We just came back from Savannah about a week ago. Husk. Grey. Vics on the River (upstairs). Pirates House and Tubbys on the river. Be sure to go to the Bonaventure Cemetery

Comment

Paula Deen's place. They have some of the best fried chicken I have ever eaten.

I was there several years ago, and Bkhuna has been there recently, so I'll defer to his judgement and take my recommendation back.
                Last edited by klflowers; March 24, 2023, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Bkhuna
                  Bkhuna commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Have do disagree with you. I started eating at her restaurant before she was discovered. Then she moved into the current building and the quality as slowly deteriorated. The last two times I ate there were disappointing and the place is fairly empty. Seems as if only tourists stop there any longer. Walked by a couple of months ago and it was 3/4 empty during the dinner rush.

It fell off my list about 5 years ago.

• klflowers
                  klflowers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bkhuna I can't argue. It has been several years since I was there.

Crystal Beer Parlor is good and so is Sisters of the New South​. My favorite fried chicken place is Geneva’s Famous Chicken and Cornbread. It's a take out place but the chicken is to die for. It's not to far from Bonaventure Cemetery. One day we picked up a bucket and noshed on it for two days during our last visit.​

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7107.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1472190 Click image for larger version

Name:	71443983465__5E3A4513-4C4E-43A2-B681-1E71875D77CB.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1472191 Yes to a lot of the above.

just revisited Savannah Smokehouse.

I like it.

Comment

We went to Savannah in March, such a great city to visit! The Pit has provided many suggestions and I will add Rancho Alegre Cuban Restaurant, amazing food and cocktails

Suggest visiting Ft. Pulaski, pretty interesting stuff!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here