Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 Rivers Smokehouse in Orlando, Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Rivers Smokehouse in Orlando, Florida

John Rivers never set out to create the most successful BBQ chain in Florida. He’s not a classically trained chef or graduate of culinary school. It was in Texas that he found the two loves of his life: his wife and the delicate art of brisket. And it’s been those very two godsends that inspired 4 Rivers as we know it.

John spent 20 years in the healthcare industry before retiring as president of a billion-dollar company. During that time, he had the opportunity to travel the country, honing his taste and talent for brisket perfection. As he soaked up the flavors and practices of ‘cue fare countrywide, John’s dream of de-regionalizing BBQ was born.

4 Rivers Smokehouse began with the launch of the “Barbecue Ministry” in 2004, when John hosted a cookout fundraiser to support a local family whose young daughter was battling cancer. This one event resulted in a passion for supporting local schools, churches, and charitable organizations, and a few years later, smoking thousands of pounds of meat out of a garage just wouldn’t cut it anymore.

After trials, tribulations, and a whole lot of burnt ends, John finally flipped that “Hot Brisket Now” sign on in October of 2009. Within the first hour, a line had formed out the door…and then around the corner.

Rivers’ barbecue immediately attracted local and national recognition, with two invitations to cook at the prestigious James Beard House in NYC, four consecutive invitations to present at the 2011 – 2014 Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival, and appearances on NBC and FOX morning shows. He’s also been celebrated by USA Today, Paula Deen Magazine, FOOD Magazine, Cooking Light, Food & Wine, Cigar Aficionado, Restaurant Business, and TravelandLesiure.com, and named a finalist for the 2013 Florida Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award. In 2014, John Rivers published The Southern Cowboy Cookbook, a kitchen masterpiece that’s destined to become a classic.

Today, 4 Rivers Smokehouse has several locations across the state of Florida, with plans for continued expansion and more than 1,000 amazing folks on the 4 Rivers team. Most importantly, the Barbecue Ministry remains their foundation and focus.

Locations please

Comment

There are few in Jacksonville, FL and since one is close to my house, I can attest to the outstanding quality of their menu items. All are very good, especially the brisket and the desserts made in the onsite bakery. The only thing I did not like were the burnt ends, which resemble burnt pulled pork instead of little cubes of brisket candy.

Comment

Just looked and they have a Tampa location. Will check it out soon
      Last edited by FLBuckeye; June 17, 2015, 07:16 AM.

Comment

I tried the Tampa location last week, not impressed. I had pulled pork baked beans and slaw. Pork was tender and jusey, beans and slaw were not good.

I may go back and try something else?

Comment

I see they are building a 4 Rivers in South Tampa and can't wait to try it.

Also, not to threadjack, but if you are in Tampa, check out Sho Gud Barbeque at 506 N Armenia Ave.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here