Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dirty Pig - Key West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dirty Pig - Key West

I was in Key West for vacation last week...My sister and I had some time to kill, we were in the area of The Dirty Pig so we stopped in to get a drink. I got talking to Dan, one of the owners, and he took me out and showed me his Klose smoker.

A couple of days later I was trying to decide where to get lunch, so I walked back to The Dirty Pig. The ribs there did not disappoint.

If you are on Key West go get some BBQ from one of the Southernmost BBQ joints in the US...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1115.JPG
Views:	512
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	770549

Nice! Went to KW on my honeymoon back in '02, at that time I wasn't into BBQ so wasn't seeking it out. I remember an evening of drinks at the Lazy Gecko and some place Hemingway frequented (or so the story went). I want to take my wife back there as a surprise on our 20th coming up in a couple years. I will remember this. Thank you.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      HouseHomey Lol, the BBQ joint would not be the romantic part of the trip it'd be the "we're doing this while we're here" part.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahahahaha -I had my 30th anniversary this year. My wife married a BBQ guy but she would have put her foot down if I suggested we go to a slow cook BBQ joint on our Honeymoon. However, she did let us go to McLintock's steakhouse at Shell Beach. No ribs allowed.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      All that talk about shrimpy meat has got me strangely aroused

I could eat that right now.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      You could eat anything "right now". ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

We are headed back to the Keys next month. I'll have to stop in. The Keys are one of my most favorite places - we have gone every year for the last few years.

Comment

Got the Dirty Pig on my places to go list. Sounds like a good time!

We've enjoyed our two visits to the Keys, but I'm not overly fond of vacationing in the usual hotel. Anyone got any suggestions for alternative places to stay when visiting the Keys?

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        We go in the RV, so no help here. We did stay in a Bluegreen timeshare on Marathon years ago before we got the RV; it was like a 1 bedroom condo. I am not sure if you can get into it unless you are a timeshare owner though.

• clb239
        clb239 commented
        Editing a comment
        My parents stayed one year at a place called the Truman Anne in Key West. They really liked it and it is an easy walk to most of the Duval St / historic district.

• The Big Gator
        The Big Gator commented
        Editing a comment
        Check out Airbnb for houseboats for rent.

IowaGirl, I took a look and they may rent outside of the timeshare owners; looks kind of pricey though. Here is the website:

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here