Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bite Down BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bite Down BBQ

Due to frustrations I won’t describe here, I have made several trips over the last month or so to a certain shop trying to get my laptop repaired. Making the frustration worse, though, I keep seeing this inviting trailer and smelling wonderful thin blue smoke, but it never had worked out to stop and sample. Here’s a photo of the trailer I stole off the internet.

Click image for larger version  Name:	83E940C1-9F4A-4CD6-9E54-72EA37536D43.jpg Views:	0 Size:	775.8 KB ID:	1364610

Today, though it finally worked out. I had tried once on Wednesday, but they were delayed opening. The nice pitmaster informed me, in a wonderful Caribbean accent, that he actually comes up each day from Orlando and gotten a late start due to vehicle issues.

Today I ordered a rib dinner. My two sides were baked beans and fries. When asked to choose a sauce, I immediately chose the jerk option, remembering the accent. No pictures, but I got a look at the cooker in action and noted that although it’s a large “tank” type on wheels for towing around, it’s not an offset. So I prepared myself for grilled ribs as opposed to smoked.

Holy cow! What a beautiful serving box!

Click image for larger version  Name:	53426231-DDD2-4FE2-AADF-248325AACA9A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.52 MB ID:	1364611 Click image for larger version  Name:	6AAEBAC7-C80F-4DAC-981A-C5E673A9422D.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.86 MB ID:	1364612

You can see in the first picture I got five ribs, four large ones and one end piece. There was very good bark on the end one where it wasn’t sauced. But look how meaty those things were in the lower picture.

The sauce was wonderful. My mouth is still doing a pleasant smolder. It wasn’t too hot to enjoy but definitely packed a punch. No smoke ring to speak of, as expected, but the ribs were remarkably tender for not falling off the bone. Just perfect texture. And really tasty.

The beans were heavy on brown sugar and not much else, but still passable, especially when I stirred the last of them into the sauce that ran off the ribs. The fries were, well, fries. They steamed a bit on the drive home, but I did eat them all.

At $22, I’d say the quantity and quality are very good. I will be going back.

Always a treat to discover a hidden gem in your own stomping grounds.

Comment

You stole that trailer?

Comment

• Jim White
        Jim White commented
        Editing a comment
        On the internet no less!

What can I say, for some of us oldsters posting is hard with only a phone to work with. (Yes, the laptop still isn’t repaired.)

Successful BBQ joints often start out as truck food operations. If he makes it to a brick and mortar place I hope it is near you.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Very true, I know of 2 that are great and started as trucks.

Looks awesome. What other sauces did they offer?

Comment

• Jim White
        Jim White commented
        Editing a comment
        “Regular” and honey mustard.

Nice job with the post! Those ribs look good, it’s been way too long since I’ve had Caribbean jerk.

Comment

A great looking meal at a good price. I have paid more for way less.

Comment

I’d eat that for sure. 😋

Comment

Comment

You made my mouth water. Thanks for the review!

Comment

Yes, they look good! Nice write up

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here