Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jenkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jenkins

Jenkins is local with a few locations in Jacksonville. They serve ribs on top of white bread with their signature sauce over the top of them - I can't drive past without stopping.

My wife & I stayed in Jacksonville on our honeymoon en route to Key West. We stayed in a Motel 6. But there were palm trees in the parking lot, so to us it was paradise. When you're born & raised in MI and all you know are pine trees and maples, palms are exquisite. I'm easily impressed! Anyway, I remember eating at a Waffle House, complete with half the letters burned out on the sign, at night it said "Wa f Hou ". Oh memories...

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      I promise we can do better than Waffle House!

• Baller4Life
      Baller4Life commented
      Editing a comment
      My kid saw one with the 'W' burned out, so it read '_AFFLE HOUSE' as in 'awful'

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Funny. Every time we see or talk about Waffle House (there are none in MI by the way) we say it with an Asian accent, based on the way those letters were lit. Waf Hou

Hi hoo!
    Another Jax cooker here. Will watch for smoke signals and good smells coming from the beach area.
    BTW... He is spot on for Jenkins. Hard to drive by the downtown location without stopping. Not been (or sure I want to) to the other 2 locations I know of.
    Last edited by Mygrane; August 24, 2015, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here