Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody tried Bodean's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody tried Bodean's?

I am headed to London for a quick work trip this week, and some of the people there want to try this place... advertises itself as a proper American BBQ place. Looking forward to trying it, but was just curious if anybody had any insight.

Unique American style smokehouse in close proximity to Oxford Street. Craft beer, a wide range of cocktails and delicious bourbons.

Look forward to your feedback. Hope they don't disappoint.

Comment

Well, it wasn't bad... being in Soho, I kind of expected top-knotted hipster creating artisanal authentic BBQ, but in fact it was a little dumpy and non-descript. I'm not sure there were any smokers on premises, but the burnt ends were still smoky and tender. Basically, Bodean's wouldn't make me go to London for BBQ, but if you happen to be in Soho, and are craving BBQ, then it isn't a terrible stop.

Comment

Forget Bodean's and check some of these out:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...n_England.html

Texas Joe's sound awful good. Well take your pick and try a couple and let us know. I love London.
        Last edited by mountainsmoker; June 26, 2019, 06:29 PM.

Comment

I wish I woulda saw this before you went lol. I lived in England for 4 years and go back to visit family every few years, NOTHING labeled American in the UK tastes like it does here to me anyway. Even McDonalds and Burger Kings are different. Some of it is the laws they have on preservatives and sodium, and some is because of where the meat comes from, a lot of it is good in it's own right, but nothing I tasted there tastes even close to what it does on home soil. England taught me to seek out non-chain local food. You can't be disappointed if you don't have something to compare to, and you never know if you will find something you like

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            This was perpetually my experience all th years I was overseas, as well...very nicely explained, amigo!

• mountainsmoker
            mountainsmoker commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree Mr. Bones and @ItsAllGone To TheDogs. If you want a good Steak go to Scotland or Ireland. My wife has relatives in both and we get over about every 10 years. While London trys to be the food center of the UK it still can't beat the outlands where the meat is grown, grass fed.
            Last edited by mountainsmoker; June 26, 2019, 07:54 PM.

Like the tacos are never as good as they are in Mexico. Never been overseas but Mexico back in the day............. whoosh!!

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, I don't know what they do to 'em, but from coast to coast and top to bottom they're better.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Great tacos? In Mexico?

INCONCEIVABLE!!!!

• pjlstrat
            pjlstrat commented
            Editing a comment
            You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here