Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ pits in the GTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    Couldn't agree more, I tried one a few weeks ago myself against my better judgement, garbage.
    Quite simply put, thinly sliced deli roast beef.
    Sadly most people around here wouldn't know a good brisket from a good kick in the arse so Montana's can pass off this trash as brisket.

• MFitz
    commented on 's reply
    I tried the brisket sandwich from Montana two weeks ago. It’s definitely a disappointment. I enjoy my own brisket sandwiches much better.

• smokin fool
    replied
    @ SpaceCoyote Thanks for the input of GTA pits, I'm frequently in Etobicoke so will look up the Carbon Bar.
    I've heard of Barque and Stockyards but never in the area, they're on my bucket list
    Montana's has a brisket sandwich on the menu now, I'd like to try it but I know I'm setting myself up for dis-appointment.
    Its probably some factory produced product, not cooked in a pit on site.
    Take care.

Leave a comment:

• SpaceCoyote
    replied
    Wow this thread needs more BBQ! Being in Downtown TO I can vouch for a couple of places:

Barque Smokehouse - In Roncesvalles. Amazing Lemon Pepper seasoning actually, and excellent BBQ for a small place downtown!

Adamson BBQ - In the east end, in Leaside. Amazing.

Carbon Bar - Just east of Yonge. Amazing Brisket. The just opened a counter in the west end (Etobicoke) and it was the best BBQ I've had in town... and we ordered it delivery, too. Two kids, it was a weeknight (my birthday), don't judge

Stockyards Smokehouse - great smashed burgers and great ribs!

And I second the vote for Memphis Fire as the place. Anyone in the GTA would be wise to take a day off work, spend the day in the Niagara area, and hit this place for dinner on the way home. Incredible food all around, not just the BBQ (but the BBQ is terrific).

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    commented on 's reply
    That's funny!

• smokin fool
    replied
    Couple of pics I took, stupidly I took no pics inside the place....yeesh

In the first pick there are two Tragers smoking away full of pork butts and ribs
    Attached Files
    Last edited by smokin fool; November 2, 2019, 03:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    Add Strodes BBQ In Branford to the list, went there today while visiting my son.
    A three in one BBQ, a full service butcher shop, a store selling Trager & Yoder smokers along with rubs, pellets and the like and then a take out counter serving great food. Wasn't cheap but the portions were huge and excellent quality.
    Certainly worth the stop if your in the area.

Leave a comment:

• Oak Smoke
    commented on 's reply
    I only live 19 miles from Brownwood. If you ever remember more on the location please let me know. We retired to a place just west of Comanche last year from the Texas panhandle. We love it here, but haven't found all the good places to eat yet.

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    Grand Theft Auto, probably. Or Greater Toronto Area.

• Thunder77
    replied
    Pardon my ignorance. What is the GTA?

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    There's a place called Big Bone in Whitby, I've never been there but friends of mine out that way rave about it.
    Pulled pork and ribs, have never mentioned brisket.
    Its on my bucket list too.

• Greasy
    commented on 's reply
    Keep them coming. I grew up East of there and never really thought of BBQ while visiting.

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    Greater Toronto Area...named for the great urban sprawl this city has become

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Many thanks fer sharin, Brother
    Mebbe, I'll git lucky enough to visit yall up yonder, an sample summa dat BBQ!

Please, help an ol dullard git caught up to speed, an tell me, please, what GTA is...

• smokin fool
    replied
    Coupla pics for today’s adventure
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here