Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there hope for Saskatoon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there hope for Saskatoon?

Folks I need help. I'm in Saskatoon for the next two weeks and based on google, tripadvisor, and urbanspoon there are no decent barbecue places here. Schryer's Smoked Barbecue shack is the most promising, and that's after reading the reviews about boiled ribs and sauce drenching. Help a carnivore out?

David Parrish, Boss, I have been Drunk a few Times? Never once did I end up in SASKATOON, and I was raised and live one Hell of a Lot Closer to Saskatchewan than You! It's only 678 Miles to Fargo, 11.25 Hrs if You Drive, Longer if You Walk!
    🍻 😙🤔😇🤔😙. 🍻
    Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

David Parrish - If all else fails, it looks like there's a Traeger dealer in Saskatoon, maybe you can rent a pellet pooper and make your own food Or, even better, maybe they cook frequently to entice potential customers.

Have a good trip,
      Jim

Comment

Well.....☝🏻👆🏼☝🏻there ya go. Looks like your driving to Fargo!! David Parrish

Comment

• Danjohnston949
          Danjohnston949 commented
          Editing a comment
          Spinaker, I'll Cremate a Steak or Something if the Boss wants to come by! You are Invited and after dinner
          You can Take him to the Cities, Jon Solberg could pick Dave up in th Ciities and Haul him to Chi Town from
          there more research is needed! Dan

Did some searching for you also, doesn't appear to be. Maybe you can convince that Traeger outfit to let you test run some stuff.

Comment

Maybe this was meant to be a veggie, bread/butter, desert and drinking trip. Hope you survive!

Comment

Tape some MRE's to your legs and wear wind pants.

Comment

Is there a passive aggressive way to tell them if ribs are boiled, the terrorists win?

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
                Well.....☝🏻👆🏼☝🏻there ya go. Looks like your driving to Fargo!! David Parrish
                Spin you Come up with the Best Ideas! I think with a little bit of effort we could get the Boss back to NC before his wife misses him! If I was 30-40 Yrs Younger this would be on Hell'ava Fine Road Trip! From Fargo Dan

Comment

There's a Tony Roma's in Saskatoon. Their ribs were pretty good. Oh, I forgot, that was after eating in "non-tourist" i.e. native restaurants for a month in Shanghai.

Comment

I travel a ton. Not to be a downer, but sometimes you just have to give up on your expectations. This is particularly true when traveling to a "dry" city or county.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                      Danjohnston949 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Jimmie, You know that is a Myth! There is "Private Club" or a Blind Pig every where there isn't a Bar!
                      From Fargo ND, Dan

Saskatoon, eh? That reminds me of an old joke about hockey players and ladies of the evening.

Comment

• jgg85234
                      jgg85234 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The clerk at the produce aisle?

• gcdmd
                      gcdmd commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's the one. "What position does she play?"

David Parrish ...

Where's Ernest when you need him? All you need is a Sous Vide circulator and a hot plate.😆

Comment

• Ernest
                      Ernest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      HAHAHA! Where there's will there's a way!

All I know is that fishing is good in The Saskatoon area. I wouldn't call Saskatchewan BBQ country, unless it has changed radically since I was last there.

Comment

Originally posted by Breadhead View Post
                      David Parrish ...

Where's Ernest when you need him? All you need is a Sous Vide circulator and a hot plate.😆

I always take a crowd with me, so one hot plate ain't gonna do it. There's a Tony Roma's here. Maybe that's what we'll have to make do with.

Comment

• Ernest
                        Ernest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's when sous vide and a WSM 14.5 would come in handy!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here