Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ice cream lovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaveD
    commented on 's reply
    Each one necessary and perfectly placed, as is the semicolon. Punctuation is an increasingly lost art...!

• Caffeine88
    replied
    There's a little farm market a half mile from my house that does homemade peach and strawberry ice cream, as they're in season. Might the best ice cream ever.

On an odd note - I had black pepper ice cream at a restaurant who fancied itself a bit snootier than it deserved. It was good ice cream, but the contrast of spicy pepper and icy desert was weirdly tasty. The rosemary blasted shortbread wasn't so good. bbqLuv, fortunately no repercussions later...

Leave a comment:

• Caffeine88
    commented on 's reply
    Gelato in Rome. Unfreakinbeatable.

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Ice cream will cool down your mouth and throat after eating really hot peppers.
    The next day sitting on the Throne, "Come on Ice Cream, Come on Ice Cream !!"

Leave a comment:

• pkadare
    commented on 's reply
    Hmm, there is a plethora of commas in that sentence.

• pkadare
    replied
    Just a slight clarification here; Kawartha Dairy has a store in Minden, however, it is headquartered, and produces its ice cream, where I live, in Bobcaygeon, eh! 🍦🍨😎

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Of course, there's the homemade that my Dad used to make, but he's been gone almost 30 years now, but a local gelati place opened last year, and it's only about 10 min from our house. That's our occasional go to now - not very often because it's also not healthy, but SWMBO does love it, so I get it more often than I get a burger...

Almost forgot - it's called Gelati Celesti.

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    Drumsers reminds of a place I forgot, Dairee Delight in Brantford....no wonder mosta my clothes don't fit. Too small.

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Let’s see … there was me … standing out in the sweltering Alabama heat turning the crank on the old ice cream maker for hours. Ah, the good old days …

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Fresh Peach Ice-cream at the rodeo.
    Last edited by bbqLuv; November 20, 2021, 10:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Razor
    replied
    Home of the Klondike bar. 🚶🏼 ✋🏼🎤

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    replied
    We are lucky to have Dumser’s https://dumsersdairyland.com Been in business since the 1930’s and fantastic ice cream and shakes. The other is Island Creamery, base in Chincoteague, but with a shop in our town too.

Leave a comment:

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    replied
    We're pretty lucky, in walking distance I have a little cash only ice cream place... I always wondered how they stayed in business, but they musta done good... the "diner" on the corner of the "shopping center" they are attached to has changed hands 3 times in the 10 years I've lived here, and now this year the ice cream place bought it and knocked down the wall between the two... they take cards now and serve really great comfort food.

Growing up Baskin Robins was the only ice cream choice. Never really got into the coldstone or other chain stuff as an adult. Where my wife grew up in VERY small town South Dakota there was a dairy bar, but world events finally killed it this year.

The only ice cream I've gotten excited about as an adult were the gellato shops in Rome.

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    started a topic Ice cream lovers

Ice cream lovers

Last night my wife and daughter finished all the ice cream in the house. Left nothing for me.
    My daughter ended up ordering Dairy Queen from Uber Eats to shut up my belly aching for not getting any ice cream.
    Which leads me to tonight subject, home town dairies and ice cream parlors.
    Most Dairy now a days is produced by huge conglomerates in giant plants, milk trucked in and finished dairy trucked out.
    Most of us will remember the home town dairy, even the smallest towns had there own dairy producing everything for sale locally.
    And many had there own dairy bars/parlors serving hard and soft ice cream, so ignoring Dairy Queen and Baskin n Robbins who are your favorite small home town dairies, dairy bars/parlors.

For me.
    Marla Mae in London - haven't been there in years but remember it like it was yesterday and I'm drooling
    Avondale Dairy in Niagara on the Lake - hard and soft ice cream right out of the dairy, long lines to prove how good it is
    Kawartha Dairy in Minden - up in pkadare stomping grounds, been years but fantastic ice cream, available in stores expensive but worth every cent IMHO
    Stoney Creek Dairy in Stoney Creek - long since closed but had a 50's style dairy bar and the ice cream was to die for, hard and soft right out of the dairy. You can still find they're ice cream in stores but mass produced now
    Toms dairy Freeze in Etobicoke - Sasparilla extra thick shake, OMG my temples used hurt from sucking on the straw, one of the best
    Reid's Dairy in Mississauga - it was an outlet for the Dairy that was in Belleville, home of the $1 milkshake, I did almost 7 bucks worth one day....nuff said....

Time for a little nostalgia....

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here