Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horn Barbecue in Oakland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horn Barbecue in Oakland

One place on my "definitely want to try" list after the pandemic is over is https://www.hornbarbecue.com/ in Oakland. They're still pretty new, but already seem to have a following. The pitmaster, Matt Horn, grew up here in Fresno where he played football in high school. Although he seemed to have a future in football, he found his true calling in BBQ, and spent some time learning from some of the best pitmasters around the country, particularly central Texas. He started out with pop-ups, then recently opened his brick and mortar place. And people have been lining up to get in. Definitely have to give it a shot when I get a chance.

Good tip.... I'm going to check it out.

Comment

I’m looking forward to your review. Oakland has a BBQ following. If you talk to old timers they swear tri-tip was popularized there. A lot of the old guys smoked it while the Santa Maria folks cooked it over an open flame.

Comment

Oakland California? Across the Bay from San Rafael?
        So many BBQ eateries so little time.

Comment

I've been to Horn twice. The first was last December. We picked up a 2 pounds of brisket, a rack of ribs, two sausages and sides. Everything was great. I went there last spring and picked up a brisket sandwich (piled high), a sausage and some brisket point. Oh my gosh, it was all delicious. I've been wanting to make a pilgrimage to Austin to go to Franklin's but the pandemic took care of that. Horn opened up during the pandemic and they had lines going down and around the block. The place to go in the Bay Area IMHP.

Comment

I've been wanting to try Horn's for some time now. I work in downtown Oakland...just need to figure out a good time to go...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here