Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Ole BBQ y Asado - San Diego (North Park)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Ole BBQ y Asado - San Diego (North Park)

Tried Grand Ole BBQ y Asado out this past saturday in north park- WOW!

Their brisket was excellent. Texas style, 1 lb. came with some fatty and lean cuts. My favorite brisket that I have tried in CA that wasn't my own.

Pulled pork was very good, not as good as the brisket though.

They have beef short ribs on the weekends, but they ran out quickly! they open for dinner at 6:00 PM and beef shorties sold out by 7:30pm. For Saturday, all meats were sold out by about 8:30, so get there early!

There is an ice cream puff store next door, and I got a cinnamon roll cut in half like an ice cream sandwich with pumpkin pie ice cream and graham crackers mixed in. Oh man!

Its BYOB so bring your drink of choice! and patio is dog friendly I believe

They also do a south american style asado (entrana, etc) on Sunday

Spinaker tell your relatives to check this place out if they haven't

Other SD people that may be interested- SMOG MAN DBoone Krughzn SoCalGuy

Interesting they call it Entrana....I think that is the same as arrechera in Mexico or Hanger Steak in the US. I have some family out there so I need to check this place out when I visit next.

Comment

• smokinfatties
      smokinfatties commented
      Editing a comment
      I didnt try the Asado on sunday but I've had entrana in south america, and man is it good! I also love all kinds of skirt and hangar steak, so it may just be the stylee they cook the hangar steak with a bunch of salt etc

Thanks for the tip smokinfatties. Looks like I'm going to North Park this week.

Comment

• smokinfatties
      smokinfatties commented
      Editing a comment
      I think they only have brisket at the dinner session, but let me know what you think!

Thanks for the info. The better I get a smoking protein the less I like to eat out but Grand Ole BBQ y Asado sounds good.

Comment

Oh man this looks awesome!!! I wish I could go. BBQ, BYO and you can bring the Hound? What could be better than that. I will have to tell the Fam about this one. Thanks for the heads up......or my family Thanks you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here