Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aptos BBQ/ Santa Cruz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aptos BBQ/ Santa Cruz

I have been to a lot of BBQ restaurants and have ate a lot of my own fantastic BBQ on my RECTEC pellet BBQ This place is a true BBQ joint and will not disappoint if you head out to the Santa Cruz area. The best was the rib sando, which they make from smoked ribs. They debone the smoked rib rack precisely and leave all the meat intact , stick it in a delicious bun, and add some other goodies. They sell out of it before 1:00 almost everyday and when I was there in SC for vacation I think I went there everyday. Highly recommend for some great Cali BBQ

Originally posted by soddy102004 View Post
    I have been to a lot of BBQ restaurants and have ate a lot of my own fantastic BBQ on my RECTEC pellet BBQ This place is a true BBQ joint and will not disappoint if you head out to the Santa Cruz area. The best was the rib sando, which they make from smoked ribs. They debone the smoked rib rack precisely and leave all the meat intact , stick it in a delicious bun, and add some other goodies. They sell out of it before 1:00 almost everyday and when I was there in SC for vacation I think I went there everyday. Highly recommend for some great Cali BBQ
    Thanks for your submission soddy, and welcome to The Pit! A real rib sandwich would be a beautiful thing.

When you get a minute, head over to Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, and check it out as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you set up your signature as well as learn the best way to post some nice big bragging pictures for all of us to enjoy. Then head over to the Introduce Yourself channel and tell us a little about yourself- what you cook on, what you like to cook, what you hope to learn to master in the future, etc. Looking forward to hearing more from & about you!

Comment

Aptos BBQ
      OK, I have been to Aptos BBQ more than a half dozen times over the last 3 years or so. I live over "the hill" as locals say. That means that I live in the south bay area or "Silicon Valley" as opposed to on the Santa Cruz side of the Santa Cruz Mountains. Nonetheless, when I am on the Monterrey bay (Santa Cruz) side I make a special effort to visit Aptos BBQ. Their biggest asset in their great big offset smoker (outdoors) on wheels. They cook low and slow like us backyard guys so their meats come out of their pit with great bark, real smoke flavor and nice texture (done but not overdone as in boiled "falling off the bone") style. They have a bunch of beers on tap, occasional local music and a real down home atmosphere. Just like us, when they are are out of one thing, they are out. If you have to have that one thing, call in advance and they will gladly hold it for you. One of the best Northern California BBQ joints.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here