Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike's Iron Horse BBQ - Oakhust, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike's Iron Horse BBQ - Oakhust, CA

I happened upon this little gem on my way to Fresno last week. Hwy 99 was backed up with another accident so I took the long way and ended up in Oakhurst around 11:30 am. I drove past the Iron Horse BBQ and saw smoke coming out of what looked like an old locomotive. It was the smoker. I turned around and wow, I am glad I did.

The place is very unassuming. The food was awesome. I had the pulled pork sandwich. The pork was tender, juicy and very flavorful. You could taste the black oak. It was divine. My friend had the tri-tip sandwich and he said it was "hands down the best, most tender tri-tip he has ever eaten. Two sides were offered with the sandwiches. I had cole slaw and onion rings. Both sides were very good.

If you have a chance to go to Oakhurst you should not miss this wonderful place for BBQ. I spoke to Mike, the owner. He told me he slowly cooks the puller port for 30 hours and the tri-tip is a 12 hour process. That's all the information he would give me.

Great food, great service a great place for BBQ. Mike's Iron Horse BBQ https://www.facebook.com/Mikes-Iron-...1315102672306/

I've got family (kin?) in that area...we just may have to try this the next time we go back...

Comment

That's about 45 minutes from where I live. I've got to try it sometime. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here