Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blake's Place BBQ in Anaheim and Los Alamitos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLBuckeye
    replied
    Have you tried the Last Meal Ribs technique for spare ribs? Follow it exactly I would bet you will be a happy camper

Leave a comment:

• Christobol
    started a topic Blake's Place BBQ in Anaheim and Los Alamitos

Blake's Place BBQ in Anaheim and Los Alamitos

This is a great place for ribs that's a block from my office. So... good or bad I eat there frequently. I can't say that I eat the brisket, pulled pork, chicken etc that often so I can't comment on how good it is compared to other places around the country.

Their spare ribs and beef ribs are some of the best I've ever experienced. I can't say that I love the baby back ribs, but that's likely because I'm quite partial to mine. The spare ribs are my favorite, and I simply can't get enough, and pretty much have a standing, customer order of dry ribs and a side salad instead of their normal fixings; beans, coleslaw, and garlic bread. I use their suicide hot sauce (mixture of all the leftover bottles of hot sauce) instead of bbq sauce.

Then their beef ribs are extra meaty and just amazing. Sadly they took them off the restaurant menu in the last week or three due to the ever increasing cost and the problems with finding good suppliers. Brian the manager told me I could still order them from their catering arm, but they can't make them for the restaurant.

I've tried making the spare ribs twice in my smoker, and both times I haven't been close. In both occasions I found cut of meat to be lacking, once from El Toro Meat Market who stocks frozen racks, and the second from Costco. I am using their rub, and part of their basting recipe, but I'm coming up way short. I'll keep trying and hopefully get my finicky grill under better control with the CyberQ. Oh and I have yet to find a butcher that sells beef ribs that are similar to theirs, but I'll keep looking.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here