Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muir Trail Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muir Trail Ranch

OK, so it's a little out of the way, but it's only a 5 mile hike from Florence Lake.

We had been hiking on the John Muir Trail for 11 days when we got to the ranch. We were hungry (and dirty and stinky, etc.) We were looking forward to dinner. We got lucky, the cowboy cook crew was there. After showering and cleaning up, we stood around and drooled as they prepared tri-tip Santa Maria style. They had the Santa Maria style grills and knew how to use them. There must have been a dozen tri-tip being prepared for the twenty guests.

It was served buffet style, no limit! Besides the tri-tip were ranch beans, sauteed mushrooms, potato salad, fresh baked bread, salad and plenty of tea, lemonade, etc. It was all first rate, all from scratch.

The next morning breakfast was just as incredible. (All meals included in the cabin price.) Gallons of coffee, OJ, eggs in what they called bird's nests, toast, jam, butter, bacon, sausage, it was another feast.

As we prepared to leave they laid out the lunch fixings. You get to make your own sack lunch for each night that you stay. They had leftover tri-tip! I made my sandwich with red onion, mustard, mayo, lettuce, and pickle on sourdough. I wish I'd made two.

A few hours later up at Sallie Keys Lakes we stopped for lunch. That tri-tip sandwich was the best sandwich I have ever eaten. Hands down.

Copper Top in Big Pine is really good, but the best barbecue in California is at Muir Trail Ranch.

Lets see some pictures of that place. I love that trail. Truly some magical places along there.

Comment

No pictures! Sorry! Our camera had died a week into the trip. It's only 1.5 miles off the trail, very convenient. And hot springs!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here