Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Louisiana Fried Chicken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Louisiana Fried Chicken?

I used to get some good fried chicken at this place called Louisiana Fried Chicken. a friend of mine drove past the other day and the sign was notably different from what we both remembered . . .

Click image for larger version

Name:	EJYsTlIUEAENWdJ.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1016492

One of my favorite wings in our area is a Chinese fusion food place. They have Hawaiian and Korean inspired dishes as well. But their wings? Amazing. They dry brine them in some yellow seasoning (I dunno what) then fry them KFC style. The best fried chicken in town (in my opinion) comes from a Peruvian place, same deal... some sort of rub that isn't normal on fried chicken, then a perfect fried chicken exterior.

Give it a shot if they still sell fried chicken there, you might be surprised.

Comment

• latenight71
      latenight71 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm there with you on Asian fried chicken, actually. there are two Japanese restaurants I frequent (or did often before Covid) that serve the best fried chicken drumettes/wings. i've also had some pretty good Korean BBQ. So, I'll certainly try some Louisiana Asian Kitchen to see what it's all about. really, I just thought the use of the existing sign was rather humorous. It's like the "Vons Market" that becomes "Jons Market" or "Walmart" becoming "SmallMart". Wow. Tough crowd tonight.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      latenight71 I figured that's what you were getting at. But gotta remember most of us have never seen the old sign

ItsAllGoneToTheDogs

you are correct, Sir! Maybe this reference will help.

"Louisiana Famous Fried Chicken"

Before:

Name:	8516572_img_6285.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	1016535

After:

"Louisiana Famous Asian Kitchen"

Name:	EJYsTlIUEAENWdJ.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1016536

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      So I assume they kept the chicken or SOMETHING on the menu since they are still claiming "Famous since"

There used to be a Louisiana Famous Fried Chicken in the Gaslamp, but it looks like it's a noodle shop now. No idea if it was related.

Comment

• Bkhuna
      Bkhuna commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember back in the 70's when the Gaslamp district was part of the seedy underbelly of downtown. Hell, downtown was pretty seedy all around.

Horton plaza had a toe hold on my heart. The Seven Seas. Pussycat Caberet. Ever hear of the Sportsman's Club?

Try this one out.
    https://thewoksoflife.com/fried-chic...ontainer-30059
    really freaking good. And authentic.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Thx

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here