Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentonville Ar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bentonville Ar

We have a few options, none of them are great at everything, but nothing is bad at any of these.

Big Rub is a local food truck that wins brisket by a landslide, and their pulled pork is some of the best as well. They do weird stuff though in my opinion like taco's or slathering it in Bleu Cheese. These aren't bad weird per se, but they hide the flavor of their outstanding meat. The bad news with these guys is they can have quite the wait, and they aren't around all year around.

Whole Hog has the best ribs and pretty good pulled pork. Their brisket has good flavor but it is a grey, unappetizing color. One of the few places where my wife can get her pulled chicken.

Dink's has several locations in OK and AR, their brisket is really good and the chopped brisket sandwich is one of my favorites anywhere. Their sides are great too, especially the fried okra.

A little farther south in Fayetteville you can find many BBQ restaurants, I have tried several of them but can only recommend Penguin Ed's for their brisket.

My first job, when I was 14 was working at a gas station in Fayetteville, cleaning the parking lot, taking out the trash, and stocking the drink cooler. At that time Penguin Ed was operating out of a VERY small trailer in our parking lot and keeping his supplies in the gas station fridge. He used to give me all of the ribs (that had been on the smoker just a little too long to sell, but were still super delicious) to take home to my folks. They NEVER survived the mile and half walk back to my house.

I fully endorse Ed. He's a great man, and a generous soul. That alone is worth going to his restaurants. The bbq is pretty good too.

Whole Hog in Fayetteville has some of the best pulled pork I've ever eaten, but there will always be a special place in my heart for Pen. Ed's.

Comment

Also - hungry 14 year old boys should are not the most discriminating judges of food, but when I've gone back recently, I've been pretty happy with their ribs.

I've never had their brisket. I order brisket in Texas and pork everywhere else.

Comment

That's funny because I ordered their beef the first time there and have never tried anything else, and this is easily 50 trips. Hadn't really thought about it. I know pork is king here, but I always judge based on the beef, if you can get that right then everything else should be easy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here