Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you get your wood in AZ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you get your wood in AZ?

Curious where you guys buy your wood here. The guys at Little Miss get there's from Paul Bunyan's- you can buy big stacks of oak there for a pretty reasonable rate, just gotta be willing to drive for it. I think they had some splits as well, would like to find some pre cut stuff to save some time if possible.

I had trouble finding quality fruitwood. When I lived in Gilbert I would keep an eye out for folks cutting down pecan trees in their yards and selling on offer up or CL. The southeast metro has lots of pecan. Brooksie’s propane had good wood selection. Neither are really in your neck of the woods. There’s a Karebecue enthusiast BBQ Bill on this site who I think lives in AZ I bet he would know.

Comment

Howdy fellow BBQ friends.
    I use Mesquite, Oak, Pecan, and Apple wood in my KBQs.
    The Apple wood is a rarity that came from a fellow that was trimming trees.
    Have not came across any more in a few years,
    The Oak was a deal with a fellow in Dewey AZ as well as a 1/4 cord of White Oak from the above mentioned Apple wood supplier.
    -
    My pecan came from a fellow located in Black Canyon City who was cutting trees in a field up in Northern AZ.
    Paid him for 15" splits I loaded up at his place there in BCC.
    -
    Mesquite is basically free now and is all I can haul.
    Am using pretty much Mesquite only these days for my beef smokes.
    I'm approaching 10 cords of Mesquite stored for future use.
    -
    Making friends with a serious landscaper was "the ticket" for me.
    These guys cut tree limbs and prune all day long and have to haul them to the dump.
    They pay by weight, so if I take the large logs "off their hands" they end up paying less to dump their load of branches.
    -
    These logs are wet so they are full of water and really weigh a lot.
    Hope this helps!
    BBQ Bill

Comment

I only use charcoal, but I know someone with a stick burner and he gets his from this place. I don't know where you are located Khuegin jhapka

Comment

• jhapka
        jhapka commented
        Editing a comment
        Rod I moved to MN but I should've asked about this when I lived in AZ. Now that I'm up in north-central MN there's firewood companies galore.

Originally posted by Rod View Post
      I only use charcoal, but I know someone with a stick burner and he gets his from this place. I don't know where you are located Khuegin jhapka

http://www.bbfw.com/Chunk-Wood_Prices_2.php
      Not far from my work. Gonna have to check it out next week!

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ_Bill View Post
        Howdy fellow BBQ friends.
        I use Mesquite, Oak, Pecan, and Apple wood in my KBQs.
        The Apple wood is a rarity that came from a fellow that was trimming trees.
        Have not came across any more in a few years,
        The Oak was a deal with a fellow in Dewey AZ as well as a 1/4 cord of White Oak from the above mentioned Apple wood supplier.
        -
        My pecan came from a fellow located in Black Canyon City who was cutting trees in a field up in Northern AZ.
        Paid him for 15" splits I loaded up at his place there in BCC.
        -
        Mesquite is basically free now and is all I can haul.
        Am using pretty much Mesquite only these days for my beef smokes.
        I'm approaching 10 cords of Mesquite stored for future use.
        -
        Making friends with a serious landscaper was "the ticket" for me.
        These guys cut tree limbs and prune all day long and have to haul them to the dump.
        They pay by weight, so if I take the large logs "off their hands" they end up paying less to dump their load of branches.
        -
        These logs are wet so they are full of water and really weigh a lot.
        Hope this helps!
        BBQ Bill
        Thanks for the info Bill. Sounds like I need to find better friends in the landscaping business!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here