Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cottage Place - Flagstaff, AZ (Not BBQ)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cottage Place - Flagstaff, AZ (Not BBQ)

Okay, so, just to get this out of the way, this is not a BBQ joint, but one single experience made me believe it deserved the attention of Pitmasters on AR.

This is a $50-$70+ per person restaurant where a reservation is pretty much a must, unless you're very lucky, but a same day reservation is pretty easy to get. As far as restaurants go, this was in my top 3 dining experiences ever. The food is exquisite, the staff were flawless, the chef even came out to our table to check on how things were going. They have a monthly Taster Menu, which is a 6 course meal where each bite is crafted to compliment the previous bite and prepare you for the next tasty journey that awaits you.

The reason I felt is belongs here, is when I ordered Tenderloin Braciole, they asked how I wanted it cooked. Being that I am a graduate of Meathead's BBQ 101, I always reply "med-rare." The waiter nodded and replied that was possible, but that the chef PREFERRED a specific temperature as opposed to standard labellings. As soon as I was able to pick my jaw up from the table I stammered "130F" and had the most delightful Tenderloin Braciole cooked perfectly to 130F. It was such a treat to dine in a place that treats food temperature with the same importance as I have come to since scouring the pages of AR.

Spot on! I would go there for dinner tomorrow night for my birthday, but they're closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. My loss.

Were you up here for student move-in? Just visiting? Or do you live up here with us highlanders? Enquiring minds...

Comment

I'm part of the Phoenix AR crowd. Just escaping the heat for the weekend. Went up to Bearizona in Williams. If you in Flag, DO NOT miss out on Diablo Burger either!

Comment

• GilaMonster
        GilaMonster commented
        Editing a comment
        Come up to Payson -- we have a relatively new, small, BBQ joint on the main hiway, called Susie Q's BBQ. I'd like to see your review of her pulled pork, BBRibs, chicken and brisket...

I'm heading down to Tempe tomorrow to try out LilMissBBQ

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here