Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porkopolis - Chandler, AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LowandSlow
    replied
    Thanks for the review, I might check this place out on my business trip next week. Thats a shame about the burnt ends, I'll try them anyways and let you know.

Leave a comment:

• bbantel
    started a topic Porkopolis - Chandler, AZ

Porkopolis - Chandler, AZ

The first time I went here, I was simply blown away. I gorged myself on fork tender brisket and delicious pulled pork. They have a variety of sauces (mostly KC from what I've tested) with varying sweetness and spiciness. Since I ordered the meat trio platter, I added ribs too. They were okay, a bit chewy and lacked the flavor I'm used to with Last Meal Ribs. I almost suspected boiling, but I didn't ask so I can't be sure, just a gut feeling. The Jalapeno Mac and Cheese is pretty darn good, corn bread has a good flavor, but on more than one occasion I've felt it was a bit on the dry side.

Other times I've gone there, I've been less impressed by the food. They offer burnt ends (huge bonus points) but I've never really enjoyed them. They seem to be incredibly fatty, beyond my liking, and not crispy as I've come to believe they should be, but I could be missing something. A friend with a trustworthy palette for good food wasn't impressed by them either, so it wasn't just me.

Portion size is on the huge side, if you leave here hungry, that is your fault! The staff are always incredibly friendly. When I was there the first time, I began to talk Q with my server (in retrospect might have been manager) and he lit up and engaged me in a discussion about their methods, inquired about mine, and when I asked about the type of wood they use, he literally brought a pellet to my table to show me!

Overall, I give this place a solid 3-1/2 Stars.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here