Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 bbq's confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahumadora
    replied
    Took the newest stick burner out for a fling in the pasture. Test burn. Perfectly even temps and can touch the firebox while running thanks to the insulation. Going to be using it for cook #2 in Sofitel next Tuesday. Like it so much I went back to the shop and started building another the same.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ahumadora; November 27, 2019, 04:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    Wow Ahumadora - I have to say that your cooks leave me feeling inadequate in every way, haha! Takes a real pit master to pull off cooks for those huge crowds! I'm gonna stop worrying about cooks for anything under 1000 people. My daughter's wedding next May for 200? Bah. Nothing to it! Or maybe I should fly you up to do all the cooking....

My biggest cook to date was 84 boston butts for a fundraiser one time. While the meat was spread across 3 smokers, it pales in comparison to what you do routinely. I was just wrapping butts in foil and stacking them in coolers as they got done, and waiting for folks to come pick up the meat.

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    Impressive. I may want to be like you when I grow up...

Leave a comment:

• IowaGirl
    commented on 's reply
    Then here's hoping you'll get to focus more on your work at the pit and less on training!

• Ahumadora
    commented on 's reply
    Thhat was a different company at the US embassy. Think we will be doing whole NY strip again. Not sure yet.

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    Well, looks like I'm available from now on....kind of a commute though....

• IowaGirl
    replied
    Hopefully you'll get them to slice the brisket correctly this year?

Leave a comment:

• Ahumadora
    commented on 's reply
    Last year We got hosed and was basically 3 of us cooking all the meat for 3000. There is a big comercial kitchen there as well for all the rest of the food,, but I am just in charge of all the pits. I just cook the meat then dump it on a table and from there it goes off to the cutters to slice up and plate. (table is about 150ft long). 300 waiters then serve the guests.

• marshall
    replied
    those are some impressive numbers! How many people does it take to pull a cook off for 3000 ?

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    replied
    Oh, this is gonna be good. Cool to cook for a large crowd like that. You da man.

Leave a comment:

• Ahumadora
    commented on 's reply
    I will just stick to building my animal recyclers and a few important events like these.

• ofelles
    replied
    Headline in South America. Major shortage of Brisket! One man singlehandedly the cause!

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    Maybe we’ll just let you feed the world !!! Think there’s enough brisket to pull that off ???

Leave a comment:

• scottranda
    replied
    Whoa!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Keep that up and you just might be able to do this kinda thing for a living!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here