Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 bbq's confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 bbq's confirmed

Finally got confirmation of me cooking for 3 upcoming events.
    Monday I will be pitmaster at Buller brewing in Recoleta Buenos Aires for their 20 year aniversary. Doin brisket. 600 attending.

Dec 3 Sofitel hotel 50 km North of Buenos Aires wiĺl be using the new 1000 gallon trailer pit . ( I sold it today to the catering company). 800 attending.

Dec 13 Same event as last year in Buenos Aires. (Guess they liked my cookin) Same catering company as above so will be using the 1000 gallon/ 500 gallon/ 250 gallon and maybe one other pit depending on what they want. 3000 attending. So expect some protein filled pics in the next few weeks.
    Attached Files

No pressure ,,,,,,,

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Monday I am cooking a load of brisket with a craft beer keg within arms reach.. No pressure right

Wife stayed at the Sofitel in NY. Said it was pretty nice. Good luck!

Comment

You da man!

Comment

Keep that up and you just might be able to do this kinda thing for a living!

Comment

Whoa!

Comment

Maybe we’ll just let you feed the world !!! Think there’s enough brisket to pull that off ???

Comment

• Ahumadora
              Ahumadora commented
              Editing a comment
              I will just stick to building my animal recyclers and a few important events like these.

Headline in South America. Major shortage of Brisket! One man singlehandedly the cause!

Comment

Oh, this is gonna be good. Cool to cook for a large crowd like that. You da man.

Comment

those are some impressive numbers! How many people does it take to pull a cook off for 3000 ?

Comment

• Ahumadora
                  Ahumadora commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Last year We got hosed and was basically 3 of us cooking all the meat for 3000. There is a big comercial kitchen there as well for all the rest of the food,, but I am just in charge of all the pits. I just cook the meat then dump it on a table and from there it goes off to the cutters to slice up and plate. (table is about 150ft long). 300 waiters then serve the guests.

• smokin fool
                  smokin fool commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, looks like I'm available from now on....kind of a commute though....

Hopefully you'll get them to slice the brisket correctly this year?

Comment

• Ahumadora
                  Ahumadora commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thhat was a different company at the US embassy. Think we will be doing whole NY strip again. Not sure yet.

• IowaGirl
                  IowaGirl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Then here's hoping you'll get to focus more on your work at the pit and less on training!

Impressive. I may want to be like you when I grow up...

Comment

Wow Ahumadora - I have to say that your cooks leave me feeling inadequate in every way, haha! Takes a real pit master to pull off cooks for those huge crowds! I'm gonna stop worrying about cooks for anything under 1000 people. My daughter's wedding next May for 200? Bah. Nothing to it! Or maybe I should fly you up to do all the cooking....

My biggest cook to date was 84 boston butts for a fundraiser one time. While the meat was spread across 3 smokers, it pales in comparison to what you do routinely. I was just wrapping butts in foil and stacking them in coolers as they got done, and waiting for folks to come pick up the meat.

Comment

Took the newest stick burner out for a fling in the pasture. Test burn. Perfectly even temps and can touch the firebox while running thanks to the insulation. Going to be using it for cook #2 in Sofitel next Tuesday. Like it so much I went back to the shop and started building another the same.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Ahumadora; November 27, 2019, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here