Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turnagain Arm Pit BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrSkimo
    replied
    Hi Strat - nice to meet you. A side effect (and I imagine this applies to all good BBQ joints) is that it is one of the fastest places in town to get served. Since they slow cook all their meats, it's almost always ready when you arrive. Constant turnover.

I do love to cook outside. Even at -25, I still enjoy it. Always makes me feel a little hard core when I'm cooking in a blizzard and reading about people cooking outside at 90 degrees. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Strat50
    replied
    Dear Mr. Skimo,
    I live in the Valley,so I haven't had the chance to check out Turnagain Arm Pit BBQ. The next time I'm in town I'll give 'em a try. Sometimes, I feel the need to eat someone else's cooking, for a change...lol
    It is cool to know someone in my home state loves"the pit" as much as I.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Thanks for the review MrSkimo, and welcome to The Pit! Not positive, but I think you may be our first active member in Alaska. Either way, thanks for the support!

Since this is your first post, I want to direct you to read our new member 'welcome package'. I prefer this term instead of the older one which was 'homework assignment'. In that post you'll find all of the how-tos and please-dos that we like our members to get out of the way early.

Look forward to more interaction with you!

Leave a comment:

• MrSkimo
    started a topic Turnagain Arm Pit BBQ

Turnagain Arm Pit BBQ

Great little barbecue pit restaurant. They started up with a trailer based place on the Seward Highway near Indian (south of Anchorage). They opened up a new location in Anchorage. Fantastic pork and brisket.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here