Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for an out of towner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you everyone for the hospitality and suggestions. For those of you familiar with the restaurants mentioned above, which ones are best suited for dinner(atmosphere, serve alcohol, music?).
    Thanks

Comment

• au4stree
      au4stree commented
      Editing a comment
      Saw's Juke Joint in Crestline (in Bham) will come the closest to your criteria.  I'd check their website to ensure live music is on the menu.  That location does have a nice vibe to it, especially this time of year, sitting on their porch.  Saw's & Jim n Nicks have full bars.  If you're wanting to go out and about after you eat, then Dreamland on the Southside will be closer to some of the nightlife things.

Sorry to be late to the party. I'd agree with au4stree on most of his recommendations. Some other considerations/comments:
    1. Full Moon BBQ in Fultondale is ok but, like Jim N Nicks, is a chain and has that feel (I ate at the original Full Moon in a cinderblock building in Southside in the old days)
    2. Demitri's in Homewood is one of the classics that is connected with the Greek community that started a lot of restaurants in town. Golden Rule in Irondale is also from that Greek heritage.
    3. Top Hat in Blount County is good but they're doing better catfish than ribs (pork is ok). Porky's at the Hayden exit is VERY good. If you are driving down to Bham on I-65, it's about 2-3 miles from the exit.
    4. I've never been to Rib-It-Up but there always seems to be a line around that building. Very small place so you would probably do a to-go order and drive a few blocks to Railroad Park and eat there.
    5. Dreamland Southside - If executed, my last meal will come from here. The Southside restaurant has the best vibe outside of the one in Tuscaloosa.
    Your non-BBQ bonus: for a good southern meat-n-three go to Niki's West. Historical favorite, another rooted in Greek culture, and was featured on Andrew Zimmern's show once. Local favorite.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here