Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some photos from yesterday's bbq cooking class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some photos from yesterday's bbq cooking class

Hi all, here are some photos from yesterday's bbq cooking class that I held outside Nynäshamn in Sweden. It was a private event, 10 people attended. We were at an absolutely stunning location, a small house/cottage literally right by the ocean. I brought 6 grills, plus all food/rubs/sides et.c.

We started at 10:00, on time, and ended at 16:00. I like when my schedule comes together like that 🙂 I've done this more than a few times now, and I can tell, because I'm relaxed all day and enjoy it.

We did shrimp, salmon, tri tip, beef ribs and pork belly. They did very well, and the dishes turned out superb. I didn't take too many photos, but the fun cooks were added by them, most being avid hunters:

Grouse and Goldeneye

I was asked to come up with some flavors and how to cook/smoke the two birds. They are quite different in flavor, due to their varying diets. The grouse I felt comfortable with, I rubbed it with plenty of thyme, then smoked it for 20 minutes. I then proceeded by mopping it with plenty of lemon curd before grilling it for a few minutes. That flavor combo was a hit. I can highly recommend it. The Goldeneye proved to be more of a challenge, but I figured since it has plenty of flavor, almost whale-oil like, it needed a rub that could match it. So I took a chance and applied my Signature Steak Rub (with coffee and chipotle chili), and that was a smart move. I just grilled the breasts directly, and we sliced and served. Big hit. I took a chance, and I got lucky. Good times!

Some fire just for setting the mood

Click image for larger version

Name:	bbq-class-1.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	928979

Check out the view!

Name:	bbq-class-2.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	928981

Here's some salmon, getting some cherry wood smoke

Name:	bbq-class-3.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	928980

Pork belly, triple glazed with golden syrup (this one is part of my M.O. nowadays)

Name:	bbq-class-4.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	928982

Creekstone farms Short Ribs, incredibly marbled and full of flavor

Name:	bbq-class-5.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	928983

The salmon was served with apple sauce, incredibly tasty combo. I do this one in all my classes.

The pork belly was served on a slice of pumpernickel with a slice of apple.

The beef ribs was served with an Asian style red slaw (some acidity to match the rich flavor) and blue cheese. If you haven't had blue cheese with your beef ribs you're missing out. It's incredible!

It was a great day, and I look forward to teaching more classes. And this concept where I do bbq classes at people's houses are way more fun than being in one spot and having them come to me. Also works well during Covid.

Your fellow pit member 'Hank'

Wow. Excellent food n pics. Great to cook out in the open air away. Meat n fire, just like your ancestors did 100's of years ago!

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, yes, pretty awesome!

I mean.......you had me with the view....then you go and add the food to it

what a class to be apart of!

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, it was very nice!

What a perfect day. Congrats on putting it together masterfully as always.

Kathryn

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

U have the right recipe for a great time !!!!!
    very impressive

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.

I think I'm gonna have to start taking Swedish lessons...

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      I did a class for 20 Norwegians and one American, that whole day in English. All you need to do is book a plane ticket, I'll sort the rest :-)

Looks like fun!

Comment

Great job - MORE PICS!!!!

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Unfortunately I didn’t take too many.

Could be a scene from Vikings, better food than back then though!

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely!

Nice! Beef short ribs in six hours?

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, and then a 3 hour hold in a faux cambro.

My wife just saw this .... Stacy wanted to know why we weren’t there cooking with you :-)

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, come on over, that would be fun!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here