Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some photos from yesterday's 12 hour bbq cooking class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. What a fun day it must of been. You are THE man!

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      It looks like you were hanging out at the Webber Kettle Club!

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! And yup, there was a lot of Webers. I've never been a Weber fan boy, that was the last grill I bought, but it sure works well, so it was a good setup. I liked the WSM the most, haven't used that one before.

Great pics. May need to just write up in Word and transfer. We do that at work since the program we would otherwise be typing in is utterly pathetic.

Your description of how to adjust on the fly reminds me of a large brisket cook. Some get wrapped, some almost get wrapped, some finish without wrapping, some who gives a crap go in the oven I'm running on 2 hours sleep.

Comment

OK Henrik you have convinced me that I need to drag a pork belly outa the freezer for an attempt at hot n' fast tomorrow on the PK-O. I don't have your FishBait Rub nor do I have time to order it since I'll season the belly this evening. I have Kent Rollin's Red River Ranch rub which is not too spicy and has a nice citrus note but do you recommend a particular rub recipe from here on AR?

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Not right now, but use any rub you like. The process is more important than which rub you use.

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the reply. The skin on pork bellies I currently have are a little thin but I think it will still turn out well, at least there will be more cracklin' to meat ratio.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        That there Red River Ranch AP is Good Stuff, oughtta work jus fine, Brother!

Killer cooks as usual.
      Your clients must have been in heaven being served world class BBQ and smoked meats.
      Keep it up.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, and they were all grinning! Good times!

Great post Henrik . You've inspired me to try the caveman squash! Thank you.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool, I’ve done it a few times, always good!

Next time I’m in Scandinavia, I’m gonna have to sign up for a class from Hank’s True BBQ

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Just bring some beer and we’ll get the grills fired up!

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Henrik I'm down!

I want to be you when I grow up.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Get in line, I'm still trying to figure out what IT professionals do so it might be a while

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks buddy!

I am surprised it took me this long to find your website Hank.

That looks like an amazing class. What a great experience.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Dude, you did a book too! I added to my Amazon wishlist.

Fun stuff.

Long day and you hit it out of the park !!!!
      you certainly have ur game on point that’s fer sure

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

Not sure how I missed this yesterday. What a tremendous day that must have been for everyone involved. And that 12 person feast must have been amazing.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        They all mentioned food coma, I can imagine as we were cooking and eating all day :-)

What a Great job, an awesome way to share your talent. That's what life is about.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

Yup, I kin picture it all now. Ol’ Mr. Henrik standing at the blackboard, pointer in hand yellin “now class, PAY ATTENTION! Quit droolin over the food, we all gotta eat this stuff & we still got some preparin to do! Billy, wrap the bacon around like I told ya to & Sally, be careful wwith them skewers! (All this said in a Swedish accent of course). Then at the end of the day everybody eats & their parents come & take em home. Quite the setting (in the back hills of Sweden of course). Nice work Teach!

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks FireMan!

Hooo-Eeee!!! That is some fine upscale Q. Good job, Hank.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

What a GRATE way to spend the day, teaching, smoking, cooking, eating!!!
      It all looks fantastic!

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, we had lots of fun!

Inspirational! Good stuff. 👍

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here