Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowery Hill Meats: Private Eat and Greet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowery Hill Meats: Private Eat and Greet!

I have a friend of a friend that is the Co-Owner of Lowery Hill Meats in Minneapolis. Lowery Hill Meats is a great, local butcher shop that is offering up high quality meats that are locally sourced and cut right in the shop. They offer beef, pork, poultry, goat, sheep and even rabbit and duck.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown.jpeg
Views:	432
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	756137
    Anyway, the owner offered up a cooking class/meet and greet as a way to raise money for their school. My buddy instantly jumped on the event and won it at the auction. I was lucky enough to be invited to the event.

The night started off with a short introduction into Erik's (Owner) shop and how it came to be. I won't bore you with those details, unless you care enough to look here, it is on their website. I took some pictures of the meat case and of course, the band saw! They dry age their beef in a special cooler and i put in order an for X-mas. I can't wait for that one!

Name:	IMG_5855.jpeg
Views:	391
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	756129Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5857.jpeg
Views:	595
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	756128

Name:	IMG_5870.jpeg
Views:	403
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	756130
    The first thing we ate was some house made Pastrami. Which was really good! It was served on rye bread with homemade butter and kraut. We also had a cheese plate with cold cuts and some chicken liver mouse that I did not get pictures of. Also some headcheese which was actually really good!

Name:	IMG_5867.jpeg
Views:	384
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	756131Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5864.jpeg
Views:	412
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	756132
    For the main course, we were lucky enough to hang out in the kitchen with Erik and his assistant, Ingrid. This was my favorite part of the whole night. It was so much fun to hang out while they were cooking. I learned a lot and it was cool to see how people like HouseHomey do their thing behind the scenes. Below are some shots of Picanna, Denver Cut and Hanger Steak. All of it was seared on the flat top using some tallow for the oil.

Name:	IMG_5871.jpeg
Views:	421
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	756134Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5874.jpeg
Views:	406
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	756133
    Erik and Ingrid also had beef ribs in the oven. They also made mushrooms and root veggies on the stove top in a carbon steel pans. It was incredible. (Blood sausage, brats and hot guts in the background as well)

Name:	IMG_5873.jpeg
Views:	417
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	756135

Name:	IMG_5877 2.jpeg
Views:	387
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	756136
    Now came the cutting and serving. This was done in my favorite way possible. On a huge cutting board! Everything was sliced and laid out for us to try. First the steak, brats, sausage and beef ribs was sliced, then the veggies were added to the board and finally the chimichurri. I won't bore you with anymore words....check out the spread! Thanks for reading. If you are in the area, please check these guys out! (I didn't make it into any of the pictures because I was behind the camera and eating the whole time, and I missed getting one with Erik and Ingrid!)

Name:	IMG_5878.jpeg
Views:	400
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	756142Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5879.jpeg
Views:	406
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	756139Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5899.jpeg
Views:	390
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	756140Click image for larger version

Name:	D167A96A-1D27-48E4-9F44-0F180D3FBC57.jpeg
Views:	404
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	756138

Attached Files

Now that's what I call a great experience / adventure.
    Everything looks fantastic and a wonderful place to be at. Everything spells out quality.
    Just not sure on the chicken liver mouse☺

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! It was a great night. It was good stuff. (And auto correct got me on that one)

That sounds like a great time for sure.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      You was indeed. You guys would have loved it.

Man that looks pretty good!

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      It was. I was sooooo full!

Looked like an outstanding event !

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      It was something you guys would have enjoyed. It was a blast being in the kitchen.

Looks like my kinda place.. food looked wonderful.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      It certainly was. You would have loved it. Check them out the next time you are in the cities.

Outstanding!! At service my station seems far messier. 😃

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Well you are a large man in a small space. Trust me, I get it. Hahahahaha. Or maybe you have too much SRF flying around that place.

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      True. Lots of black boxes

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      All the quality gets in the way sometimes. Hahahaha. HouseHomey

Where’s a moderator when ya need one? I notice by my count, seven pics to many. I mean, ya coulda made it a little more boring, but nooooooooooo! You had to give us the full Flamingo (I stole that idea from another thread). Well, I hope you’re happy.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL, I like to live on the edge. I also cannot count. Hope all is well on the other side of the St. Croix. Badgers are rolling!

Thanks for sharing your evening with us. Looks fantastic. I really liked the narrative and photos. Made for a really enjoyable read.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Great to hear from you, Ted. I did what I could with the pictures. After a while, I had to put the camera down and just enjoy it. And I certainly did. It would have been fun to have you guys there.

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow. Your name is ted? Never thought about it. Always thought it was tbob. Funny how that works.

Now I know what heaven looks like....

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL, this is as close as I am ever gonna get.

What an awesome experience. Wish I could find something like that near me.
    What a blast.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      But it’s nothing like what you got to attend.

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve B FYI I’m off Instagram for a while. In case you send me a message and I do t respond 😵

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      JCBBQ 👍

Oh, man, Spinaker, looks like a good time was had by all!

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      It was a great night. Tons a great food!

Wow lucky you for sure !!! Just look at the quality in that meat case, my mouth just let loose some drool all over my pants. I love the idea of that canape made with thick rye bread topped with kraut and a pastrami slice. How clever and inventive, now why can't my pea brain think of things like that???

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, if I could, I might have my own shop!

If there was a "love" button, I would be hitting it for this post!! Wow!

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I might need to look into that one.

This was nice Spinaker
    Erik & Ingrid sounds like Norwegians to me.. lol

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely. I am 50% myself.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here