Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hank's True BBQ cooking class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take your show on the road and come to New England!

Comment

Another thing to add to my when-I-win-the-lotto- list. A class with Henrik

Comment

I just finished a bbq class today. Bigger, better. 8 kettles, 16 people listening to yours truly for 8 hours. I’m real happy with the day, and the students sure cranked out some good food on my el cheapo grills. That SnS is killer.

I’ve got a real farmer’s tan now, but I guess that goes well with hillbilly cooking. All in all a great smoke filled day! I had them smoke shrimp, salmon, picanha, ribeye and ribs. The picanha was served with grilled oranges. The smoked salmon with apple mash/purée, the ribeye with a gremolata style board sauce. They did two styles of ribs: plain and Johnny Trigg style.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3AD7164D-629F-4434-8891-42DCCCE3D6E1.jpeg
Views:	234
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	695364

Name:	7BF5BC58-06F4-4B90-94FB-BB15DBABAB20.jpeg
Views:	189
Size:	208.6 KB
ID:	695365
        Rib prep

Name:	9E2D6158-A5F6-4728-947D-E96BF26BCC9D.jpeg
Views:	182
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	695366

Some of the kettles in a lineup

Name:	A525DE51-7690-40B2-94D3-6A35B930D847.jpeg
Views:	209
Size:	298.4 KB
ID:	695367

Ribeye

Name:	98C47B5A-AC0D-4AE9-9EC1-01FD5FCC9F25.jpeg
Views:	207
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	695368

Comment

Congrats, looks fantastic, Brother!

the students sure cranked out some good food on my el cheapo grills.
          I am of th considered opinion that this is th best place to start on this path, an it is chief, among many things I admire about what yer doin, Brother!

google alerts me when anybody on th interwebs uses th terms 'farmer's tan' or 'hillbilly'

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Mr. Bones, much appreciated!

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, back at yerself, fer includin us along on this journey, Hank!

I eagerly await yer next installment...

Wow. You're the Meathead of Sweden, Henrik . Looks fantastic.

Kathryn

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, I don't know about that, but thanks! It was a great day.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            That is a Major Compliment, as I reckon it!!! Henrik

Way I see it, I ain't even th Meathead of my whole entire block... , but I'm workin on it, with lotsa help from yall, here...

Looks like a perfect day grillin out in the country. Some great pics... thanks for sharing pitmaster Henrik

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Craig!

You’re killin’ it there brother, bringing the love!! As to cheap cookers, it ain’t the cooker but the cookie that matters

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks my bbq brother! And yes, cookies are important ;-)

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            yer jus in time to lick th beaters, an bowl, Brother! ...came runnin' when I heard "cookie".... Huskee

Looks like a couple of fun/information filled days were had by all. Congrats!

BTW, is the "Emeritus" in your title new, or have I been asleep?

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! It's been there for a month or two I think.

Three cool things came out of this day:

1. Several people commented already before 10 AM (2 hours in): I've learnt so much! That's really cool.
          2. I learn a lot myself when teaching others. Either they tell me stuff, or I learn about myself. It's a great way to grow.
          3. One of the participants told me he owned a book shop in a nearby town and wondered if I would like to come by for a few hours on a Saturday to do a book-signing. At first I thought he was pulling my leg, but he wasn't, so it looks like I'm gonna be doing that in a few weeks. I could never have guessed, but it sure is gonna be a new experience.

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Just remember us little people on your way to the top

Always an inspiration.
          Think you finding your happy space and at the same time enriching others.
          Great work and nice branded aprons.

Comment

Teaching someone is rewarding. When they deeply appreciate it even more so. Meathead , you, Ahumadora , Huskee and many, many more ( I have to stop here with the names for fear of omission due to CRS) are what makes this site beyond the value of subscription (geez I momentarily forgot that word, sub-somethin). Very cool Henrik!

Comment

• Ahumadora
              Ahumadora commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks FireMan . Yes I enjoy teaching others how do it correctly themselves. Stay tuned. I am my outlaws place in the provence. Tomorrow "lamb on a stick".

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              I had some moments such as ya mention, both yestidday, an this mornin, teachin...
              It's automatic, an I repeatedly, profusely apologized fer bein a dotin Mother Hen...
              Mr. Dadds allowed that it was all OK, an was very amenable to some advice on his new cooker...details to follow, if he don't post it first, lol`!

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
            Teaching someone is rewarding. When they deeply appreciate it even more so. Meathead , you, Ahumadora , Huskee and many, many more ( I have to stop here with the names for fear of omission due to CRS) are what makes this site beyond the value of subscription (geez I momentarily forgot that word, sub-somethin). Very cool Henrik!
            Thank you! But with me it's nto my cooking or teaching skill, it's just my charming wit and strikign good looks.

Edit: And spelling/typing skills.

Comment

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              I was going to mention the spelling but decided to ferget it, cuz who gives a rip!
              Last edited by FireMan; June 15, 2019, 04:19 PM.

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              reckon that Tipin Skillz is important, nowadays... tern off th 'Spail Chick', er whatever th Hail they callin it this week, an ya'll be happier than a pig in $#¡+, from then on...

Unlike me, at least ya have yer charmin wit, an decidely good looks to fall back upon...

Me, I gotta pull it outta my wazoo/cooker(s) ie.:bupkus, here. stone cold.

I am late to the party again as usual. Great looking cooks, good comments from the students, book signings - methinks you are the man. Well I already thought that, but it is confirmed now.

Comment

Looks like fun!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here