Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report on: Prairie Smoke & Spice BBQ class - Winnipeg, MB - 27 Apr 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Report on: Prairie Smoke & Spice BBQ class - Winnipeg, MB - 27 Apr 19

Today I attended the Prairie Smoke & Spice BBQ Class held in Winnipeg, MB.

The class was $200 (CDN) and was hosted by Rob Reinhardt, who has a catering business in Regina Saskatchewan. His BBQ team has a pretty impressive resume. The event was held at Deer Lodge Community Center and ran from 11am to 4pm.

You did NOT leave hungry!

Rob went through the prep of all four competition meats (brisket, ribs, chicken, pork) and also prepped a nice Top Sirloin roast to be enjoyed as well. He covered selection, trimming, and rubs. Later, he covered finishing and sauces/glazes.

Rob brought an impressive selection of equipment. A Weber Smokey Mountain, a Yoder Pellet Grill, a UDS, a Gateway Drum Smoker, and a Weber Kettle.

The course was lots of indoor and lots of outdoor.

We sampled everything (he had brisket and pulled pork that had been cooking since the night before) and it was DELICIOUS. The man knows how to cook.

Overall, I learned a lot. I was concerned about the price, but in the end, felt I got my money's worth. I see now that my BBQ has been good, but needed a little extra to take it over the top into the next level. I think I now have the knowledge to do that.

Below are a couple of pictures I took. If you're interested in all of them (22), they can be viewed at:

Billions of happy photos, millions of passionate customers. Gorgeous online photo albums. Protect your priceless memories. Buy beautiful prints & gifts.

In summary, if Rob is coming to your town, its well worth checking out his course. You'll have a great time, and learn a lot.

Rob's website is:

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC05126.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.36 MB ID:	670910
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC05132.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.98 MB ID:	670911
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC05146.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.50 MB ID:	670912
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC05158.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.76 MB ID:	670913
    Last edited by andy.wpg; April 27, 2019, 09:00 PM.

Looks like a great time, but by the sound of things, I think you will benefit from this for a long time. Very cool! I can’t wait to here about some of yer results from yer learnin.

Comment

Thanks for the review and pics , sounds like you had a good time .

Comment

I'm glad it worked for you.

Comment

Nice. Kind of wish I had seen to sign up for that.

Comment

Looks like a great way to spend a day: learnin, cookin, an eatin!

Comment

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Whilst sippin tasty adult beverages........

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Whilst sippin tasty adult beverages........
              Aye, Cap'n !!!!!

Sippin is a very important part of a well-balanced day!

CaptainMike

Looks like a pretty solid day!

Comment

Ted Reader is the BBQ guru in and around the GTA.
              Seen him on TV a few times, never researched whether he puts on BBQ classes or not.
              Problem for me now is I don't retain info like I used to....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here