Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NC Whole Hog Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NC Whole Hog Class

For Christmas I paid for my dad and I to attend a Whole Hog Class at Grillbillies BBQ in Wendell, NC.

It was a really great class and we got to eat some great tasting pork...

They went over how to select, prepare, cook and present a whole hog....They cooked half of the hog for us to sample and they used the other half to demo how to prep a hog...

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	839
Size:	496.7 KB
ID:	667811
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	822
Size:	476.6 KB
ID:	667808Click image for larger version

Name:	6.png
Views:	833
Size:	301.0 KB
ID:	667809Click image for larger version

Name:	8.png
Views:	829
Size:	267.1 KB
ID:	667807Click image for larger version

Name:	10.png
Views:	843
Size:	604.5 KB
ID:	667810Click image for larger version

Name:	11.png
Views:	831
Size:	581.3 KB
ID:	667812

I love Grillbillies! Lard have mercy!

Comment

• clb239
      clb239 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is a pretty cool place...This is the second class we have been there for...My dad won a gift certificate for another class so I guess we will be going back in the future...

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      I go a few times a year with my father in law. Stock up on rubs and sauces. They live 7 min away!

I talked to them when I was still debating between Yoder and MAK. Super knowledgeable and professional folks! Looks like a great time was had

Comment

That looks like fun.

Comment

Wow, that looks great.

Comment

Lard have mercy, what a cool class! I was buttering up the wife yesterday, paving the way for another trip there soon. Thanks for sharing the pics! 👍🏻

Comment

Looks like fun and a great way to spend time with your Dad!

Comment

What an experience! Are you ready to cook one now?

Comment

• clb239
                clb239 commented
                Editing a comment
                I am planning to cook one at a friends 4th of July party...

• Mudkat
                Mudkat commented
                Editing a comment
                Can't wait for those pics!

Nice! Any other local Classes being offered. Really interested in learning this skill.

Comment

• RonB
                RonB commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome to The Pit.

• clb239
                clb239 commented
                Editing a comment
                Reddman3550 Welcome to the Pit...not sure where you are located but this class was just east of the Raleigh area. I know they have a list of upcoming classes on their website www.grillbilliesbarbecue.com I have taken several of their classes and enjoyed everyone of them. I don't have any planned there but it is mainly due to scheduling or I have already taken the class...
                Last edited by clb239; February 15, 2022, 10:31 PM.

It is on my BBQ bucket list to do a whole hog (or at least a suckling). Got the smoker to do it. Is there a recipe or instructions that you can share? Or is that kinda inappropriate since I'm not taking the class?

Comment

• clb239
                clb239 commented
                Editing a comment
                TripleB there is alot on youtube about cooking whole hog, it is really more of a process than a recipe. I would also recommend either "Whole Hog BBQ" by Sam Jones or "Rodney Scott's World of BBQ" by Rodney Scott.

Love a good pig pickin'.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here