Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camp Brisket...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp Brisket...

Anyone been fortunate enough to go? It's a joint venture between Foodways Texas and Texas A&M University.
    First off you have to be a member of Foodways Texas to be eligible. That is $75 a year with no benefits that I could tell other than being eligible to be in the lottery for a chance to go to Camp Brisket.

They have a BBQ Summer Camp and a Symposium every year as well. Sounds to me you could be a member for a long time before your name gets drawn to be able to attend the camp. Be fun and interesting but I've been pretty pleased with my briskets without the membership just to be eligible and no other type of benefit attached.

Anyhoo a interesting site to browse.
    Camp Brisket, a joint venture between Foodways Texas and Texas A&M University, explores all facets of the centerpiece of Texas Barbecue, the beef brisket. 

Looks like something that would be fun, but all of their bullet points have been and are covered in this forum or in SGBG, Franklin's, Mixon's, and other publications. Still, if I lived in proximity I would try to go.

Comment

• gcdmd
      gcdmd commented
      Editing a comment
      If anyone wonders what SGBG stands for, just look to the right on this page. Scroll up and down, if necessary.
      Last edited by gcdmd; December 30, 2018, 11:58 AM.

• Frozen Smoke
      Frozen Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree most of what you need to know can be found here or elsewhere on the net. Experience will teach you the rest!

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha, thanks Doc gcdmd!

I've seen a couple of their YouTube videos. I think it would be an interesting experience with a chance to meet a lot of folks. Would especially like to see one of the TAMU butchery classes up there, only about 2 hours from my house. Unfortunately the information on briskets would not be worth the trip for me but not knocking it, if you have the time and interest it's well worth the trip. Thanks for posting this.
    Last edited by Troutman; December 30, 2018, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here