Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NDSU'S BBQ BOOTCAMP SCHEDULED, FROM 5:00 PM To 7:00 PM, 30 July 2018‼️

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NDSU'S BBQ BOOTCAMP SCHEDULED, FROM 5:00 PM To 7:00 PM, 30 July 2018‼️

NDSU's BBQ BOOTCAMP IS An Evening Session This Year‼️ Emphasis Will Be On Food Safety, Sesonings, Rubs, Meat Cuts And Meat Sciences❗️ While This Evening Program May Seem A Little Short For Those Of You Coming A Distance A Full BBQ Meal Is Planned👍 👍 👍 👍 👍‼️
    Directly To The North Of Shepard Arena, Accross 19th Ave N The FARGO AIR SHOW WILL BE GOING ON ALL DAY‼️ THE US NAVY BLUE ANGELS ARE THE FEATURED PERFORMERS‼️ "Low And Slow" Or Quick And Sudden You'll See It All At The Air Show‼️ Take In The BBQ BOOTCAMP AND EAT A FINE MEAL‼️
    The More I Think About It The Better I Like It‼️ SkiprQuit, SteinerBBQ, FireMan (Craig), JCGrill, Spinaker, I'll Be Serving BBQ
    For Dakota AirParts On The NE Side Of The Ramp Look For The Blue Angels And The Huey Helicopters‼️ Dakota Air Parts Is Who Our Son, Shawn, Works For❗️❓❗️ Y'all Com' N'w H're❓❗️❓
    From A Backyard Cremator In Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	2 Size:	227.7 KB ID:	533619
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	2 Size:	177.3 KB ID:	533620

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.68 MB ID:	533617

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.43 MB ID:	533618,
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Danjohnston949; July 17, 2018, 01:56 AM.

Ooooo airoplanes…..

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      HawkerXP, Come On Hawk, Kick That SYD IN THE SLATS YOU CAN SEE IT ALL AND HAVE BBQ TOO‼️ Dan

Very cool Dan! There is nothing quite like seeing the Blue Angles fly!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker, Smoke That Guppy Before It Spoils And Come To Fargo For A Day‼️ Hopefully, Skip And His Wife Will Be Able To Come Too As Well As Some More Of You MinnySootans‼️
      OBTW: INMLTHOP: The CANADIAN SNOWBIRDS DO A LITTLE
      SHARPER SHOW‼️ Frankly Be They BLUE ANGELS, USAF ThunderBirds OR THE CANADIAN SNOWBIRDS, THEY ALL MAKE MY KNEES FLUTTER A BIT‼️ Dan

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately, I will have to take a raincheck, I will be out in NYC, visiting my brother. Danjohnston949

Always enjoy seeing the Angels and Thunderbirds !!! We have a great air show in Houston every year. They drag out the Confederate Air Force planes from WW2 as well as invite stunt shows, always a trip to see !! Combine that with a BBQ class, you got me signed up !!!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      I Went To The Coonfederte AirShow At Harlingon Tx More Than A few Years Ago‼️ Tennessee Earnie Ford, Announced The Show❗️
      👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 The Anolla Gay Was On Display‼️ The ""Colonels"
      Did Themselves Proud That Day‼️ Dan

Sounds like a fantastic time!

Comment

The air show is out for me. That’s the right after the EAA, weeklong world’s biggest air show. Then we’ll be spending some time a little south of ya visiting some of my wife’s kinfolk in Red Wing & White Bear Lake, MN.

Comment

I'll give it some thought, Dan. It is very intriguing. Haven't done the Fargo Air Show before.

Comment

A Two Hour BBQ Boot Camp? Isn't that more like grilling?

Comment

Good to see you posting, Danjohnston949 ! Enjoy it all!

Comment

Skip, And The Rest Of The "PIT CLUB", I Just Found Out Last Evening That The Fargo Air Show Has Put The KybWash To Any Outside Food Being Brought To The Show❓❗️❓ Penny Pinching BAS----S‼️
              But Don't Forget The NDSU BBQ BOOTCAMP BEGINS AT 5:00 PM And Features The Finest BBQ Dinner This Side Of San Antoine‼️
              Ya'll Com' Now H're‼️‼️
              From A Backyard Cremator In Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Yesterday Was More Fun Thn Should Be Legal‼️ First A Carpenter And His Son Spent The Day Hammering Extending The Gables Of My Garage Roof Before Reshingling It‼️ Second, @Mr.Bones ,CUZ, The Blue Angels Used My TV Antennae As A Ground Spot While Practicing Their "Low Show" For The Fargo Air Show
                On Saturday‼️ Nothing Else To Do But Kick Back And Listen To The SOUNDS OF FREEDOM❗️❓❗️ Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	1 Size:	804.5 KB ID:	538686Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	1 Size:	914.9 KB ID:	538688Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	1 Size:	833.8 KB ID:	538690Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.80 MB ID:	538694

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	186
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	538701Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	180
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	538702

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	194
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	538703Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	178
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	538704
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Danjohnston949; July 27, 2018, 05:47 AM.

Comment

NDSU BBQ BOOTCAMP LATE AFTERNOON SESSION A SUCCESS IMLTHOP ‼️ 60* F Might Have Been A Bit On The he Cool Side❓ Skip, From Southern MN❓ Took It All In In Short Pants❗️ ❓ ❗️

​​​

The 2018 NDSU BBQ BOOTCAMP BEGAN AT 5:00 PM WITH A WELCOME BY DR. ERIC BERG, NDSU MEAT PROFESSOR AND SCIENTIST ALONG WITH VARIOUS PROFESSORS AND STAFF‼️

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	2.40 MB ID:	541704​

Following The Welcome And Introductions The Attendees Were Split Into 3 Groups And Escourted Through The Various Stations❗️ Station # 1: Safe Food Prep And Cooking Temps‼️ Emphasis Was Given To Make The Consumer Aware Of Meat Production Practices And The Value Of Animal Proteins In The Diet‼️

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	2 Size:	924.9 KB ID:	541708​Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	2.40 MB ID:	541709​Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.41 MB ID:	541707​

I Gave My New Meat Monster Cap A Tour Of The BOOT CAMP‼️

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	3 Size:	924.9 KB ID:	541809

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.21 MB ID:	541810Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.69 MB ID:	541811 d
                  Thank You❗️ Alastair

Statiion #2: Was Proctored By Dr. Paul Berg, Professor Emeritus, 40 +
                  Years As A Food Scientist At NDSU‼️ In Addition To Being Dr. Eric Bergs
                  Father, Dr. Paul Lecctures On Rubs And Marinades, That He Has Concocted
                  Over The Years For NDSU's Carnivoire Catering‼️ A Comercial Venture That
                  Caters State And University Sponsored Events‼️ When Asked Rumor Has It
                  Has An Extrordinary Rub For Horse Meat❓❗️ ❓

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.29 MB ID:	541812

Statoons #: 3-4, Were Held In Shepard Arena And The Meat Lab‼️
                  A Live 1000 Lb Heifer Was Displayed And Featured By Dr. Billy Augdahl
                  And Others As To Where The Various Meat Cuts Came From On A Live
                  Animal‼️

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.40 MB ID:	541813

NDSU MEAT LAB MANAGER, SPENCER WIRT, DEMONSTRATED BREAKING DOWN OF
                  PRIMAL CUTS INTO THE HIGH VALUE GROCERY STORE CUTS THE MEAT INDUSTRY
                  HAS BEEN PROMOTING‼️ For Several Years Recently❗️

Spencer's On The Right❗️

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.06 MB ID:	541815

All In All Another Fine BBQBOOT CAMP BY THE FINE STAFF AT NDSU‼️
                  By Your Backyard Cremator In Fargo ND, Dan Johnston

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Danjohnston949; August 2, 2018, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Looks like a nice fun day

Comment

I did attend the BBQ Boot Camp and met up with Dan Johnston. It was very informative and a great learning experience. It's always good to visit with another Pit Member in person. Thanks Dan for letting me know about it. We finished with a wonderful BBQ Meal!

Comment

Blue Leader, this is Blue Three, do you have me in visual? I am at the floor, at 375 knots. I cannot see - this seems to be all fog. Wait one check. It's SMOKE! Come back?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here