Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MN BBQ Class!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a ton of fun at this event. Meathead's talk was hilarious, and he had us laughing the whole time. What a great presentation, so many of these speakers can be so serious and technical. It was refreshing that he was so laid back, yet clear in his message. (Of course de-bunking the hell out of the Beer can Chicken deal)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CCD2763E-FF82-4626-B0A9-335C0D384241.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	664389

One part that was under rated was the knife seminar. I really liked that aspect of the session. Tons of great info on sharpening, knife types, honing blades and where to go to get them professionally sharpened. Joe seemed like he knew his stuff. Glad I have Wusthff knives too, of which he was a huge fan.

Name:	0D17BD73-84CE-49E9-8C35-B97437DF1C8C.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	664393
    There was a sausage making session as well. It was interesting but, another realm that I have never gotten into.

Name:	15076E44-C523-49FD-9CE1-B0D9CC5BD875.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	664390
    It was great to get to meet everyone, and always great to see Skip again. I was lucky enough to meet his daughter, Gwen, ( skipsdaughter ) .

Name:	IMG_3895.jpeg
Views:	360
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	664391Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3896.jpeg
Views:	364
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	664392

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      hahahaha, are you ever, not on fire? FireMan

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      Best part was when the knife guy cut himself.. he was so " no big deal" about it but his knives we're so sharp he had to stop to get a bandaid.. he was really good !!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I was a huge fan of that part of the seminar. I am going in to Joe's shop this week. Backroadmeats

Forgot to share my pic with the master last night.

Name:	A1855F90-F1E0-4583-A844-AA4B66C8936F.jpeg
Views:	331
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	664418

Comment

Thanks for alt the pic's folks!
      Rubbing our noses in coz we weren't there.. lol

Comment

It was great to see so many folks from the area at the event yesterday! And to put real-life faces with the usernames of several of you! I'm looking forward to trying to make next year's event already! Thanks for a great day and some great notes -- we'll continue to see you "on the Pit!"

Comment

Wow--looks like a great time! This June 14-16th is the second annual Denver BBQ Festival. Last year was fun and it's looking to be even better this year. Maybe the pitmaster crew can come this way!

Comment

Jess Pryles will be the keynote speaker this year. Sign up now!

Comment

Does anyone recall the length of this bbq class? It looks like there are two sessions, but I don't see a reference to the time. Have two little ones at home and trying to figure out how long I'm asking the wife to let me be away.

Comment

It's an all-day deal with lunch in the middle. I think last year we were there at 8:30 for registration, breakfast, and tours of the meat lab. Presentations started at 9 and ended around 5 or so. I suppose you could go for a 1/2 day if you can't do the whole thing.

But don't forget lunch -- you'll seriously regret it if you miss the meal.

Comment

• SipIt
                  SipIt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Whoa, this sounds even better than I thought. Figure it would be a 10-2 kind of thing. Thank you for the info!

Wow, that is awesome. Too bad she got married this past year. Really thought I had a chance.

Unfortunately, I can't make it this year. I am going to be in Belize diving. I hope everyone has a great time.

Comment

I'm signed up. It's a great time folks! Always good speakers and food! I hope to meet many of you in person.
                  Last edited by Skip; February 7, 2020, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• DoubleUpOrQuit
                    DoubleUpOrQuit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hope to see you there.

Lousy timing for me, I'm always fishing Rainy River around that time, and this year is no exception.

Comment

Even year curse. 2018 snow, 2020 corona.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• IowaGirl
                      IowaGirl commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wish there was a "dislike" button for this news. Not surprised, but I can't be happy about it.

(I don't mean "dislike" for you the poster ... just a dis for the message.)

• Mark V
                      Mark V commented
                      Editing a comment
                      it is the right decision.Being a member of the Minnesota BBQ Society, I now have another opportunity to volunteer for the class as a helper. I have volunteered for many events, and all are worthwhile.
                      Even when the general public doesn't appreciate it! A few years a go I helped out at a firefighter fundraiser, cooked 1200 racks of ribs in 2 days.charged $12 a rack. People went out with 10 racks, others then had nothing, and blamed us.

• DoubleUpOrQuit
                      DoubleUpOrQuit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, a little bummed about this. I was looking forward to my short presentation this year. As well as the opportunity to meet Jess.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here