Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diving into a bunch of new cookbooks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diving into a bunch of new cookbooks!

The last few days have been an exploration into the wonderful world of cookbooks. I have added a few new ones to my personal collection and borrowed a few from a friend that I am reading and will likely add to my permanent collection by buying. I am a bit overwhelmed by what I am learning but I am really having a ton of fun learning.

My most recent additions include (in no particular order):

The Food Lab by J. Kenji Lopez-Alt
    Eating from the Ground Up by Alana Chernila
    Weber's Way to Grill by Jamie Perviance
    The Flavor Equation by Nik Sharma

There are so many good things I am learning and I am finding my growth in the culinary arts is continuing to expand. I am really excited to keep growing in this realm and my time in the kitchen is getting better and better.

Who wants to join me for some kitchen exploration?

If you like The Food Lab, you should check out Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat By Samin Nosrat and On Food and Cooking by Harold McGee. All three are less cookbooks than books about how food works. And On Food and Cooking has no recipes at all.

The Weber books are worth grabbing if you find 'em used. The recipes are usually good, but the actually process is more for "Suburban Dad That Doesn't Know How To Cook" than "Obsessive Bunch of Cookery Geeks That Hang Out on the Interwebs".

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup on Samin Nasrat & Harold McGee!

• FleetingSmoke
      FleetingSmoke commented
      Editing a comment
      The Harold McGee is definitely one I am going to add soon!

Also a great one on principles, La Technique by Jacque Pepin.

Comment

• FleetingSmoke
      FleetingSmoke commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a very good one. I have that and all the Julia Childs

• mnavarre
      mnavarre commented
      Editing a comment
      I've got his Complete Techniques, which I think is La Technique with another book. it's great, plus you get to find out how to make little radish bunnies and cover 'em in aspic...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here