Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hands-On Brisket Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hands-On Brisket Class

My dad's 75th birthday is tomorrow so I enrolled us in the Grill-billies BBQ Supply Hands-On Brisket Class. This was a great class, each student is provided and prime brisket and they walk you through how to select, trim and season their brisket. Than the students are able to cook the brisket when they get home.

We have attended several classes at Grill-billies over the last couple of years. I would highly recommend them if you are within a reasonable drive of the Raleigh, NC area. We drive about 3 hrs to attends the classes.

Brisket Selection

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0126.JPEG
Views:	370
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	1104122
    Ed teaching class

Name:	IMG_0132.JPEG
Views:	412
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	1104120

Name:	IMG_0128.JPEG
Views:	366
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	1104121

Brisket prep

Name:	IMG_0130.JPEG
Views:	367
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	1104123

Name:	IMG_0131.JPEG
Views:	365
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	1104124

My kinda brisket prep.

Comment

Nice. I get to Raleigh every now and then for work. Might try to coordinate a trip with a session

Comment

I wish someone would do this in CA

Comment

Final results from the class...

Name:	IMG_0139.JPG
Views:	312
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	1104733

Name:	IMG_0143.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	1104734

Comment

It looks good, but how was it?

Comment

• clb239
              clb239 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sid P it tasted great, I thought the flat was a little dry for me but everyone liked it. The point came out perfect which is my favorite part...

What was the rub?

Comment

• clb239
              clb239 commented
              Editing a comment
              STEbbq - it was injected with Butcher's BBQ Brisket Injection and the rubs were; Heath Riles Everyday Rub, Smoking Guns Mild, and Redneck BBQ Lab Beef Rub.

I love Grill Billies! Lard have mercy!

Comment

• clb239
              clb239 commented
              Editing a comment
              scottranda I am big fan of Grillbillies, been there many times and bought my meadow creek cooker from there. I have attended 5 or 6 classes there and everyone has been excellent. Part of me wishes they were closer but my wallet is glad they aren't...

• scottranda
              scottranda commented
              Editing a comment
              My in laws live 10 minutes from there. I am going to Raleigh on Wednesday đŸ˜¬

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here