Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXPIRED - A Legit $139.85 discount from Allen Bros Meats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXPIRED - A Legit $139.85 discount from Allen Bros Meats

Here is a very special offer from my favorite meat supplier, Allen Brothers https://www.allenbrothers.com

They are offering some very nice meats (I have tasted them all) with a retail price of
    $339.85 for only $200, a 41% discount, a savings of $139.85! The special Pitmaster Club member price expires on September 18, 2020 at midnight.

To get the deal:

Simply click here #97321: Meathead BBQ Kit add it to your cart and apply Promo Code: MEATHD20 during checkout to receive the $139.95 discount! This offer cannot be combined with any other promotional offer.

Here are the meats:

2 racks of USDA Prime 4-bone Beef Short Ribs, 4 to 5 pounds each. List price $119.95
    These are the "Dino Ribs" in the Texas BBQ joints. https://www.allenbrothers.com/produc...rib-rack/10807
    Cook them low and slow on the smoker like this: https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...ef-ribs-recipe
    Or Sous Vide Que like this: https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...e-sauce-recipe

2 Wagyu Flank Steaks, 2 to 3 pounds each. List price $149.95

These are simply the best flank steaks I have ever tasted. Flank steaks are among the tastiest muscles on the animal because they are hard working, from the belly, and loaded with myoglobin. But they can be tough because they are hard working. If you cook flanks, you will be shocked at how tender these are, and man, are they tasty. Yet thay are not as rich and buttery as Wagyu ribeyes, and to me that is a plus. https://www.allenbrothers.com/produc...nk-steak/10773
    You can reverse sear the or sous vide them, but I cook them hot and fast over wood, with a board sauce like this:
    https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...k-steak-recipe

Three pounds of Wagyu Beef Bacon: 3 packages, 1 pound each. List price $69.95
    Cured 7 days, then smoked over hickory and applewood, it cooks and looks like “regular” bacon but with the distinct richness and beefy taste of Wagyu. You can wrap it around chicken, turkey, or steaks and chops, but I like it nekkid with eggs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_124361.jpg Views:	1151 Size:	321.0 KB ID:	901505

Offer expires September 18, 2020 at midnight.
    Last edited by Meathead; August 25, 2020, 02:28 PM.

I've never had beef bacon, but am willing to give it a try. Is the taste significantly different? My guess is that it must be. So is it good? I'm always up for trying something new. That said, I'm forever grateful that there are pigs on this planet.They're my BBQ Spirit Animal.

But I like beef too...for me, I'll send all the fish to Douglas Adams.

Kathryn

Comment

• Cheef
      Cheef commented
      Editing a comment
      it is maybe a little salter than pork bacon, and the taste is kind of unique to itself. It fries up quickly, and crisps up really nice. My wife is even a fan.

• Cheef
      Cheef commented
      Editing a comment
      And a side note. Golden Belt Beef does have mail order but the site is difficult to navigate. Some of the best roasts we've ever eaten. Their piranha is small but extremely GOOD! They sell a srasoning called Duck Salt that has been very popular locally.

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheef , Golden Belt looks pretty good! I think I’m going to give them a shot! Thanks for mentioning them!

Thanks. Discount code worked and order is in.

Comment

Meathead how’s their delivery ? I’m in NY
      I would love to take advantage of this promo. But am a little weary of the timing of their delivery. Would hate to get it in an unsafe matter. Can you clarify this if possible.
      Might get a lot more on board. 👍

Comment

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        I order from them often and it comes in an insulated box with dry ice. Never had anything thaw. That said, last offer was when shipping as worst in May and at least one member's order was partially thawed. They replaced it.

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info. 👍

Yesterdays "feel like" temperature in my neck of the woods was 110°F. I think I'll pass on ordering anything refrigerated until the 2 weeks of "cold" weather we get in February.

Comment

As much as I'm tempted, I'm leery about sending perishibles from Chicago to SoCal. FedEx is having issues with the covid-driven volume increase. I saw that Allen Bros uses UPS, but I'm still willing to wait.
        Last edited by tdimond; August 26, 2020, 02:01 PM. Reason: Fixed some factual errors.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          They've re-shipped/replaced when needed. Hopefully it's not needed of course.

Bump.

Comment

I debated on this for a couple days, then decided to give it a shot. I was hesitant because those are cuts I’m unfamiliar with. I’ve done short ribs, which are essentially the same as the bones, but I do them in the pressure cooker. London broil I probably last did oh, 40 years ago? Sometime in the ‘80s. It’s just not something we eat, Mrs Mosca isn’t a fan of medium rare. And I’ve never had beef bacon, that I can remember.

I should be okay at least with the dino bones. When I did London broil I used to marinate them, they were okay as best I can remember. And bacon is bacon, isn’t it?

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
            ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
            Editing a comment
            beef bacon is different, obviously a much beefier taste... Only had it once at an African restaurant in Dubai (of all places), but I've been on the hunt for a small beef belly to make my own ever since. Good stuff

Just placed my order. Receiving on Wednesday 9/2/20. Looking forward to tasting some great meats.

Comment

Order is in. Be here Wednesday. Thanks meathead

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
              ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
              Editing a comment
              Please review, I'm on the fence. It's a great deal... but gotta talk the other half into it.

• Chipshot7
              Chipshot7 commented
              Editing a comment
              I received my box at 9pm on the 2nd. The dry ice was completely gone ( only 1 bag was used in the packaging ). The rib racks and beef bacon were still mostly frozen. The flank steak were mostly thawed. The ribs advertised as 4-5 lbs. One was just over 4 and the other 4 1/2. The flanks advertised as 2-3 lbs. One was just over 2 and the other was 3. The only thing I have tried so far was the beef bacon. Smokey and very good.

How long's the typical shipping? Going out of town for five days and wouldn't want it sitting around even w/dry ice. Thanks!

Comment

• Donw
              Donw commented
              Editing a comment
              I found you can pick the ship date during the order process so you can determine when it should arrive at your home.

Thanks Donw!

Comment

I ordered this, but was significantly shorted on the ribs. They are much smaller than advertised. Seemed they took advantage of us. To date, Allen Brothers will not reply to my requests to make it right.

Comment

• Meathead
                Meathead commented
                Editing a comment
                Did you see my response in the private message and below? I am still waiting on the info I need to get this fixed.

ctlankford Two days ago you sent me this private message "Meathead, I was very disappointed with my "Members Only Deal". They short changed me on the ribs. I believe they took advantage of us. I ordered Meathead 2 each BBQ Kit on Order #4151620.000. It was advertised as 2 each racks of beef ribs each weighing 4 to 5 lbs. They sent me 4 racks weighing: 3.05, 3.13, 4.05 and 4.03 lbs. This does not meet your advertised weights. I can send you the box stickers if you want. Please advise."

40 minutes later I responded with this "I will reach out to them. This is not good. Give me your real name, address, and order number so they can look you up."

To date you have not responded to my request. I know the bigshots. I can make it right if you will respond to my request.

Comment

• Meathead
                Meathead commented
                Editing a comment
                BTW, nobody takes advantage of our members. NOBODY. Think about it. An hourly wage worker prepared your order. He or she grabbed some substandard ribs. It should not have happened. AB is renowned for quality. NO EFFEN WAY they would rip off our members. They know the wrath that would come down if they did. This is human error and nothing more. Now get me the info I requested and they will ship you what you ordered.

When you join the Pitmaster Club, you get me and our team as your advocates. We know people in high places. We can get your customer service issues cleared up in a hurry. Sometimes bad things happen. A week or so ago a member reported that he ordered an expensive grill, but not all the parts arrived. I wrote an email and the next day the parts were on their way FedEx. A few months ago, someone ordered a deal we arranged with a meat supplier, and it arrived defrosted. I got him a replacement shipment pronto. So don't sweat it. We will NOT let you get ripped off.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Jus wanted to mention how Very Much I appreciate that yall git us all kinda COOL discounts!!!! (An th companies that agree to such, credit where very much due)

Always goin th extry mile, even though often behind th scenes...

Most *'n Impressive, Brother Mine!!!! :

*= Censored lol

Be Safe, an Well, My Friend...reach out, if there is summat I can do for ya...

Did I mention Thanks!!!???
                Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 5, 2020, 09:23 AM.

• Donw
                Donw commented
                Editing a comment
                I can second that!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo
            Meat-Up in Memphis