Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXPIRED - Holy cow and lamb! $100 discount from Allen Brothers meats!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXPIRED - Holy cow and lamb! $100 discount from Allen Brothers meats!

Click image for larger version  Name:	ABI_Meathead-Grill-Pack_1V2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	343.2 KB ID:	836349

Allen Brothers in Chicago is an absolutely amazing meat supplier. My favorite. I have been ordering from them for years and I always keep some of their steaks on hand in case somebody special drops by.

Established in 1893 on the South Side of Chicago in the old Stockyards neighborhood, for years they serviced only high end restaurants with USDA Prime and dry aged beef. In recent years they have branched into Wagyu and other Japanese breeds as well as heritage hogs, game, duck, quail, seafood, and more.

They still specialize in servicing fine dining, and when I toured the plant recently I saw shipments going out to a lot of restaurants that tout their private dry aging cellars (they actually have a room devoted to one famous NYC restaurant). Super clean, super efficient, and their aging program is breathtaking.

I asked their eCommerce Director if he could put together a package for Pitmaster Club members so you could see what I love about AB and boy did he come through. I have NEVER gotten a discount from them before but they have assembled a “Meathead Grill Kit” with a 33% $100 discount. Individually they normally sell for $304.95 but Allen Brothers has agreed to provide you with a 33%, $100 instant discount when you place your order before May 31, 2020 and apply promo code: MEATHEAD at checkout. Click HERE to order. https://www.allenbrothers.com/produc...0931?sku=97320

They ship flash frozen meats in in foam padded dry ice packed boxes (save them for when you sell stuff on eBay).

2 USDA Prime 6 ounce Ribeye Cap steaks
    This muscle, the spinalis dorsi, is the single best tasting muscle on the steer, heavily marbled. If you have never had one, you will be blown away. It is not thick so it must be cooked hot and fast. Totally awesome. Click here to read more about this cut: https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...best-cut-steer

2 USDA Prime 12 ounce boneless Strip Steaks wet aged for 21 days and then dry aged for 28 days
    The Strip is the same muscle as the eye of the ribeye, the longissimus dorsi, but from further back. It is the big muscle found on Porterhouse and T-bones. Every bit as tasty as the ribeye, perhaps just a teensy bit chewier, many steak lovers prefer it because it doesn’t have the thick seam of fat that separates the rib cap from the eye, and it is easier to cook evenly. They are thick, perfect for reverse searing https://amazingribs.com/more-techniq...-cook-low-slow

4 Domestic double thickness lamb rib chop lollipops 6 ounce each
    This is the bone in ribeye of the lamb cut two bones wide so it is thick (but the break off one bone so it looks like a cool meat lollipop). If you are among the few remaining “I hate lamb” people this is the cut that will change your mind. I beg you to give this a try. If you love beef, you will love this cut if you cook it properly, like this https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...llipops-recipe

Some pix from my visit to Allen Bros:

Wagyu (left) and USDA Prime Ribeye roasts. Notice the heavy marbling in the ribeye cap on the roast at right. It is the crescent shaped muscle on the left side. That's the stuff in this offering.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ab-prime-wagyu.jpg Views:	0 Size:	361.2 KB ID:	836350

48 day (I think) aged ribeye. Don't worry, they remove the blackened exterior before carving into beautiful ruby colored steaks.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ab-aged.jpg Views:	0 Size:	545.7 KB ID:	836351

Thanks Meathead I just might have to try this. Develop a taste for lamb maybe.

Comment

+1 on ofelles post. I may just give this a shot.

Comment

ofelles The offer above is a good place to start with lamb. Their lamb is very good, especially the double wide domestic chop above. If you like it, they sell skinny 1 bone Australian chops. Two bites. Grill them really hot and fast, below. I ate 6.

Click image for larger version  Name:	lamb-2-bites.jpg Views:	0 Size:	433.7 KB ID:	836366

Comment

• TripleB
          TripleB commented
          Editing a comment
          C'mon.... you ate all the ribs. No way you stopped at 6, two-bite, chops.

Thanks Meathead I may give this a go. AB has indeed been a Chi-town institution even back in the day when I was growing up there.

Comment

I'd unfortunately have to buy another freezer first.

Comment

• Meathead
            Meathead commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol!

Thanx for this!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Wow! That is huge. I never dreamed of even thinking of ordering from AB. I’ve known of them for decades & their rep in the bidness is primo. Much appreciated Meathead.

Comment

• Meathead
                Meathead commented
                Editing a comment
                Likewise. I have never seen them offer a discount, but a BIG portion of their biz is restaurants so I'm guessing they have decided to amp up the retail side of the biz.

Thanks just ordered!

Comment

I love lamb. Mrs Mosca won’t eat it.

I’m going to cogitate on this for a bit. That’s a lot of money and these are difficult times. But I could make the lamb and she can crack open a brick of ramen or something. That would balance out the cost.

Comment

Thank you very much!! I am in!!

Comment

AB has excellent meat and I use them. Meathead they normally have three ways to save. Something free if you buy $250 and then at $300. These are normally at the very top and vary. Then under them on the phone number line is an On Sale button. Your lollipop lamb chops were $12 off.https://www.allenbrothers.com/produc...tegory=on-sale. Thick cut Boneless Ribeyes are also on sale. https://www.allenbrothers.com/produc...tegory=on-sale

Thank you for putting together the package. I will certainly put it in the freezer so I can use it when my hip heals.
                    Last edited by mountainsmoker; April 24, 2020, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Meathead
                      Meathead commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Bummer abt the hip. I hear red meat heals all.

• fzxdoc
                      fzxdoc commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for this information, mountainsmoker. I'll be placing an order for steaks but no lamb, using the sale promo.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. You must be so antsy to fire up your smokers and get back to a normal life once again--that's the frustrating part of the healing process.

Stay safe and be well,

Kathryn

fzxdoc Pretty sure the promo is for the bundle, all three meats. Let me know if you can get a discount on the beef only.

Comment

• fzxdoc
                      fzxdoc commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I tried to use the MEATHEAD discount code Meathead , and it did not work. However, they had two other discounts available when I piled the beef I wanted into the cart. Those discounts were not a % off discount like yours is; instead they consisted of more meat added for "free" to the order.

Kathryn
                      Last edited by fzxdoc; April 25, 2020, 11:41 AM.

Received my order today...meat looks amazing but UPS delivered it a day late and everything was completely thawed (still mostly cold, fortunately). While the idea of eating 8 steaks (I added 4x 16 oz ribeyes too) and 4 lamb chops in a single weekend sounds like fun, I didn’t intend to blow throw $350 of high quality meat that fast. Buyer beware, I suppose.

Comment

• Meathead
                      Meathead commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Contact [email protected] , 312.590.5290?

• Craignardo
                      Craignardo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I received my order yesterday. And just like yours, mine was completely thawed but still cold. The dry ice was completely gone. Mine was delivered on time tho. I just purchased the meathead kit, but like you didn't want to have to eat it all right away. Disappointing for the cost

• P-ro
                      P-ro commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I had the same issue. The temperature of the pouches were 63 degrees. I immediately called them and left a message.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  Rubs Promo
                  Meat-Up in Memphis