Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expired: FREE (used) ThermoWorks Signals w/ 2 probes; Pay only shipping.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expired: FREE (used) ThermoWorks Signals w/ 2 probes; Pay only shipping.

I have a ThermoWorks Signals that I do not need. It's blue. I bought it a year ago, March 2019, and it sat unused in the cabinet until last week. I've used maybe 3 times last week testing a new cooker. I am giving it away free to one of you, please just PayPal or CashApp me the actual shipping, TBA announced depending on where the winner lives. I don't know what actual USPS Priority shipping will be but I will guess contiguous 48 to be ~$10-15? I could be wrong.

The good: It's still 'like new' even though technically over a year old. Used 3 times, all last week (3/10 - 3/14).

The bad: 2 probes quit working. I think I killed them testing a grill well over the probes' 572F range. Are they dead-dead? Not sure, but quite likely yes they're dead-dead, the unit reads NO PROBE in those spots when they're plugged in. Including them in case you can resurrect them somehow. The dead ones are 2 meat probes. The working ones are 1 meat, 1 shorter grate probe.

What comes in the box: Blue Signals unit w/ internal rechargeable battery, charger wall adapter with type-C charger cord, 4 probes (2 do not work), 1 grate clip. All used, so there's some discoloration on probes, wires, grate clip. In other words everything a new one comes with (except warranty and colored silicone rings, I don't think I have the original box, but if I find it it will come in that.)

How to win: Post a picture of yourself, w/ your favorite grill/smoker in the shot, holding a hand-written sign that says "Pick me!" If all three things aren't there your entry won't count.

I will have my kids select a winner from all who enter on Friday March 27. I will contact you via PM here in the Pitmaster Club forum for your mailing address. I will then get a shipping amount and ask that you send me that and it'll be on its way to you! I don't know what actual USPS shipping will be but I will guess contiguous 48 to be ~$10-15, I could be wrong.

Fine print:
    • If the winner doesn't answer me in 3 days (end of day March 30), I will pick a new winner on Tuesday March 31 and we'll try again.
    • To keep shipping charges down this has to be limited to USA members, sorry.
    • Please understand this is used, and 2 probes do not work. Not on sale, these probes are $18 ea from T-Works. This is the only flaw I am aware of at this time.
    • When I first got it a year ago, the WiFi/BT connections worked fine. I didn't test these connections last week. I assume they still work but cannot promise.
    • This is not associated with AmazingRibs.com or the Pitmaster Club in any official way, this is my personal test unit that I paid for and it's my own personal giveaway.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG4380.jpg Views:	5 Size:	2.45 MB ID:	818227Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG4379.jpg Views:	5 Size:	2.05 MB ID:	818228

Make you a deal, send it my way and I won't post the photo nude...thats a LOT of hair...

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      That...might just be what we need to do here....

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Pics or it didn’t happen, not that I really want to see them 😄

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      NO!!! please. I would never be able to un-see them!

Well to be fair I am OUT of this one. I just bought one this afternoon. LOVING the thing.
    Innaugural cook was a smoked
    pot roast. (no more brisket for me. This thing was awesome.)

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm glad you like it! I am a big fan of smoked chuck roasts, all that brisket taste with so much less prep work.

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      I gotta smoke another chuck roast. First one, really the only one I’ve ever done was on a GMG DC pooper and it was good, but not great. GMG is gone and I’m ready for round two. SPOG?

• Cheef
      Cheef commented
      Editing a comment
      I used SOG, and it suited it well. I did mistype. it was a chuck not a pot roast (is there such a thing?)

Stop by the Post Office and check out their 'Flat Rate' boxes. Find one that will hold it and you will know how much it costs to ship anywhere in the US. Or check them out at www.usps.com They provide the box at no charge.
    Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; March 21, 2020, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I thought of that after I made this post. I usually use the Flat-Rate boxes when I ship out wood chunks, but I don't remember their prices off hand. At any rate, I'll only ask for whatever the cheapest rate is.

Pick me!

Click image for larger version

Name:	pick-me.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	818727

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      A ball point pen in a T-shirt, priceless!

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      mgaretz what is that getup on the right side of your photo? Kinda looks like a bench?

• mgaretz
      mgaretz commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s part of my grill gazebo. Shelves.

Wait, Mark, is that photoshop?? mgaretz

Comment

• mgaretz
      mgaretz commented
      Editing a comment
      Does that disqualify me?

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      I vote let it count

As much as I would love a Signals I already have one so I will let someone else enjoy this one. Awesome giveaway!

Comment

Yeah, that's snow. Turkey breast on fruit wood pellets tonight.

Name:	image_110733.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	818792

Comment

I’ll keep this going...
        Attached Files

Comment

• Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          Let’s just agree that Ohio is the real enemy here.

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Love the Weber. Can I get some of whatever you're drinking?

• Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          Troutman Just picked it up a couple weeks ago. Pretty sure it quickly became my favorite. In the glass is Makers Mark. Always plenty on hand here to share.

Maybe it’s the blue ones that eats probes. Mine is also blue. 😂

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Could be, like Cookie Monster. Nom nom nom...

If still available, I would love to try it out.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Enter away! Won't pick the winner until this Friday, 27th

Huskee - don’t need it but this is awesome. I’m having a bunch of fun with the photos.

Comment

Name:	137CCBB6-6E72-487F-9DA4-200124C87797.jpeg
Views:	467
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	819878 I’m in!

Comment

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            But did you rinse your mouth out with cask strength bourbon?

• RickyBobby
            RickyBobby commented
            Editing a comment
            texastweeter , I used Gentleman Jack, but I accidentally swallowed it. Then I drank some Sazerac Rye to kill what I swallowed..... think I’m safe? I should probably have a little more just to be sure.

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            ACK! That stuff like water. Single barrel select cask strength FTW

Doubt the kids pick this one...

Attached Files

Comment

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahahahahahahaha

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh my gawd.....

OK, I bid $25. And, a small brick of cheese.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis