Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitmaster Club Members-Only Special at BBQGuys.com: Looftlighter Charcoal Electric Lighter & Firestarter Discount!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pitmaster Club Members-Only Special at BBQGuys.com: Looftlighter Charcoal Electric Lighter & Firestarter Discount!

Click image for larger version  Name:	bbqguys-logo2.jpg Views:	148 Size:	5.3 KB ID:	798786
    Through the month of February, BBQGuys.com is offering a discounted price, exclusive for our PM Club members, on Looftlighter Charcoal Electric Lighter & Firestarter. Regular Price- $79.95, Pitmaster Club Price - $71.96 with Free Shipping.

The Looftlighter is the perfect replacement for lighter fluid. The Looftlighter will ignite fires in a matter of seconds. When barbecuing, you can even use the Looftlighter to speed up the heating process of your coals so that your BBQ is ready for cooking in just a few minutes. The patented hot airstream process eliminates the chemical taste that infuses food on BBQs using lighter fluid and gas. The Looftlighter does not throw flames, but instead blows a hot airstream at 1256 degrees Fahrenheit. The Looftlighter is fully equipped with a safety casing that cools to the touch within a few seconds after use. To use, simply plug the Looftlighter into a wall socket, and touch the nose of the lighter to your wood or coals. In about 15 seconds sparks will appear. At this point, withdraw the Looftlighter by 3-6 inches and continue heating the same spot. Before you know it, you will have a roaring fire. The length of the power cord is approximately 10 feet. There is also an integrated bottle opener at the foot.

Click Here to Order Looftlighter.

Use Pitmaster Club Discount Code: PITMASTERCLUB when ordering.

Click image for larger version  Name:	looftlighter.jpg Views:	2146 Size:	17.7 KB ID:	798784
    Click image for larger version  Name:	looftlighter-fire.jpg Views:	147 Size:	41.8 KB ID:	798785
    Last edited by Max Good; February 9, 2020, 12:42 PM.

Originally posted by Max Good View Post
    The Looftlighter.... blows a hot airstream at 1256 degrees Fahrenheit....
    There is also an integrated bottle opener at the foot.
    For that moment when your thirst for an ice cold brew is totally worth the risk of 3rd degree burns and/or spontaneous combustion... or when your beer is best served warm....

Also I would be worried about my wife confusing this with one of her hair contraptions.

Joking aside... a big thanks to them for the generous offer to members. Much appreciated.
    Last edited by Nate; February 2, 2020, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Hi
      Not sure. I tried to order it with the discount code and the bill came to $71.96 with free shipping not $67.46.

Comment

• Max Good
        Max Good commented
        Editing a comment
        !! I'll look into this.

• Max Good
        Max Good commented
        Editing a comment
        BBQGuys says Looftlighter just had a price increase, so the special is indeed $71.96. I will change the above price.

I ordered it after chatting with the person on the site. The above price did not include tax. That's logical but it still bugs me.
      I'm not an entrepreneur and I hate "targeted ads" I would have paid for it because it seems like a neat product.

But the final price price leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. No one wants to feel manipulated..

Comment

Cool thanks. All is forgiven!!!!
        I'll write a nice review if I don't burn my house down first!!

Comment

I've been cooking with lighter fluid my entire BBQing life. Used several different brands of fluid. Never had a "chemical taste". Wonder what I'm doing wrong.....

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            LOl. You know enough to not cook while the fluid is still on the coals, not everyone knows to wait. Plus, using fluid tends to necessitate waiting until the coals are ashed over before cooking, whereas when not using fluid you don't need to wait that long, saving a good bit of burn time on your coals.

• Bob's BBQ
            Bob's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            It's just so darn easy to squirt and light! When I timed it (because that's the type of people we are ) I was ready to cook faster then when I used a chimney. I do wait till the coals are going good so probably some truth that I'm sacrificing some burn time on the back end. FLUID FOREVER!!

Hey that reminds me of something I’ve been wondering about with my PBC. ( pit barrel cooker)The instructions say to light about 50 coals or so (they don’t even have to be completely lit) then pour them into the cooker on top of the rest of the unlit coals and start cooking immediately.
          I always notice a weird “ metallic “ flavor on my ribs
          but come to think of it even if I let the coals completely light. I don’t get this strange flavor on say my WSM ( Weber smoky mountain)using the minion method. And only with ribs on the PBC. Not with chicken for example. No one I’ve contacted so far has ever noticed any problem. Am I nuts? Too sensitive? I can always taste the difference with ribs. Maybe I should slather then with lighter fluid??? ( hah)

Comment

I just used the looftlighter. Pretty darn cool! (Hot)
            I lit a pit full off cherry wood ( with some kindling, wine corks, newspaper) and it started right up. Just like a regular fire you need to keep at it until a log really starts to burn but super convenient.
            i used it to light coals on my PBC as well. Worked well
            and I didn’t have to worry about scorching myself as I dumped a chimney starter full of coals into the barrel,

A bit pricey but a nice toy

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo
            Meat-Up in Memphis