Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Thermometer from Chris Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Thermometer from Chris Young

Chris Young, one of the founders of Chef Steps and the Joule, has a new company that will be producing an innovative, leave in, wireless cooking thermometer. Leave in and wireless is not new, but this bad boy will have eight sensors to read surface temp and all the way to the center. It uses the sensors to gauge cooking progress and intelligently estimate and tell you when the food is done. Doesn't need an app, but they also will have one.

It will supposedly be available later this year and they haven't announced pricing yet. If you sign up to be notified when it's available (and I assume other progress) you can snag a 30% discount. Not a Kickstarter so they're not asking for any money or commitment. It could be very cool. Here's a link to sign up: https://combustion.inc/?kolid=1G231D

I have no affiliation with them, just passing on the info to fellow pit members. But full disclosure, the link above gets me a discount if I decide to buy, and if enough of you use it, I can be a beta tester, so thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mgaretz; March 1, 2021, 02:22 PM.

I'm in for an email.

Here's my link that would save me another $10 if someone uses it.

Get it just-right, every time, with the world’s only Predictive Thermometer from Combustion Inc.

Comment

Coolness. If I did a lot of rotisserie I'd definitely invest.

Comment

No idea on pricing, but signed up using Mark's link, since I do like the idea of this with my recent rotisserie adventures. If its under $100 I may get one. If its much more than that I would pass, and just keep using my Thermapen to check things or my Smoke if not on the rotisserie.

Comment

• Andrrr
        Andrrr commented
        Editing a comment
        Not looking too promising on the under $100. You get 30% off just for signing up early and up to another $50 depending how many people use your link. It will be interesting to see what retail is.

Muchos gracias amigo!

Comment

So, are we gonna find out who The Pit loves the most based on links used? Here's mine in case I can get 1 discount "Like": https://combustion.inc/?kolid=1G24ER

Comment

This is the only correct link.

Get it just-right, every time, with the world’s only Predictive Thermometer from Combustion Inc.

Comment

Thanks, friend!

Click image for larger version

Name:	qk5P3Vz.png
Views:	416
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	997784

Comment

• STEbbq
              STEbbq commented
              Editing a comment
              Now one day..I...may come to you..for a ....small...favor.

You guys are great but I need 15 more signups to get to be a beta tester! But thanks to those of you that used my link.

Comment

As soon as I saw Attjacks post. I knew I was too late

Comment

4 probes with 8 sensors each, 24 graphs to follow, don't forget the audio alert, Flip the meat, time to bast, move to indirect heat, time to sear. Of course, it will be in your spouse's voice telling you what to do.
                Happy complex grilling to you and PBR too.

Comment

There is more than one way to skin a pig so long as you make cracklins.
                  How to BBQ cracklins, suggestions, please?

Comment

Might as well throw my link on the pile https://combustion.inc/?kolid=1G2HE6

Comment

Thanks everyone! Hit my 25! You guys are the best!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here